Trackrock Goldmine

NewAuminer

Mar 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to this site. Have property in Track Rock area of N Ga. The land had been in hands of same family for many generations when I bought and one of them told me in depression was last time mine was worked. Mine doesn't look line much now, hole in base of left fork of a double forked holler but there's an eroded slag heap in draw below it. I don't know much about mining but I'd like your ideas on how to evaluate for gold. Should I pan in creeks below it? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!!!! When I shine a light in it, it looks deep!! Definitely would not go inside it at this time

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your in a very good area! I'd certainly pan any waters around there but would be very hesitant to enter any old mines in the area as some are dirt topped and not hardrock, which is a good way to get injured or worse. It is now known that the Maya had a town on Brasstown, and a road that ran down to the Gulf. Also some Mayan glyphs on the Track Rock are now recognized. They were mining you know what well before any English speaking settlers arrived, Cheers!!

OP
OP
N

NewAuminer

Mar 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your in a very good area! I'd certainly pan any waters around there but would be very hesitant to enter any old mines in the area as some are dirt topped and not hardrock, which is a good way to get injured or worse. It is now known that the Maya had a town on Brasstown, and a road that ran down to the Gulf. Also some Mayan glyphs on the Track Rock are now recognized. They were mining you know what well before any English speaking settlers arrived, Cheers!!

I know the area well. Been stomping it since I was a kid. The idea the Mayans were here is fascinating. I've hiked thru those stone terraces or ruins that are suppose to be Mayan a couple times over the years tracking bear and while there are a lot of old homesteads up high in the mtns, where those are at never quite made sense to me as a homestead. Its rocky, challenging country. Best scenario for them I could come up with was maybe they were made for growing ginseng?

I'll probably sound like a nutter saying this but those ruins give off a powerful, unsettling energy. Can't explain, sort of makes you want to just get through there!

Track Rock Gap is only gentle, natural gap in an area of daunting mtns. Seems natural that most ancient travel would've passed thru it.

My mine is spooky looking. No way I'd go in it!!! I've got it securely covered so no critters/dogs fall down in it.

I've been watching some good videos on here/youtube and got a head for topography so I think I can pick some decent spots in creeks to pan. I got a lot of water right now, thats for sure. Sometimes the branch near mine near dries up but its running good right now. I'll report my results and more likely my trials and tribulations. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread