What's new

Trade Beads 1 - 24 - 19

southfork

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2014
Messages
2,553
Reaction score
8,418
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gifted some trade beads and a strand of carved incised bone ? anyone seen bone beads like these ? no history out of a old collection .
 

Attachments

  • P1234252.webp
    P1234252.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 84
  • P1234255.webp
    P1234255.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
  • P1234261.webp
    P1234261.webp
    18 KB · Views: 63
  • P1234258.webp
    P1234258.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 65
  • P1234259.webp
    P1234259.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 63
  • P1234253.webp
    P1234253.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
The 1st string looks like old chevron and the red one could be a Hudson Bay bead. The 2nd string are white hearts. The bone beads in J M O look to be African or Polynesian. The cuts look to deep for NA. They are nice, I really like the old chevrons.
 
The 1st string looks like old chevron and the red one could be a Hudson Bay bead. The 2nd string are white hearts. The bone beads in J M O look to be African or Polynesian. The cuts look to deep for NA. They are nice, I really like the old chevrons.

Thanks I was thinking African also but unable to find any similar . their all different sizes an the cuts are different depths might be a stain to make them look older ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom