What's new

Trade broadsword, okla.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
405
Golden Thread
0
20210505_174136_Burst01.webp


Hey y'all! Been a long time, i do not believe this is trade sword, but others think so, and it is beveled. What say you'ns?
 
That is a cool find, and while I don’t have an answer, I’m glad you found it, in Oklahoma. I’m jealous. Without giving the location, could you share the circumstances of how you found it? Was it in a farm field? A wooded area? Hill country? I know a fella who stumbled onto a Spanish breastplate, in a small cave, while hunting here in central Oklahoma.
 
Upvote 0
Cool find! I think it looks more like a combat sword maybe naval?
 
Upvote 0
I once read where the Vikings might have made it up the Red River to Okla.. Cool find. Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
Much too short for a broadsword (and they are sharp on both sides). Not sure what you have but I don't see Norse or Scottish heritage in it.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like an agricultural machete to me. They usually have a hole in the blade for hanging them up, but generally a bit nearer the tip than on this one.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the replies, it gives us some direction to go. There is no hole. Agriculture machete is interesting...there was a cotton gin in the area. This is oil field country, but cotton was grown here also. Its also pretty thick. An even quarter inch the whole length
 
Upvote 0
I found this under Indian trade dag sword, the notches on either side of the blade looks to be standard on them. Hope it helps 669135E3-864D-43F1-A680-5DD23F566B8A.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom