What's new

Trade for Magician coins - Round 2

Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
82
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK - Back for round two. Another magic convention coming...

Ive got the Texas Association of Magicians magic conference coming to Austin this year and I'd like to put some of these back into circulation with the newer kids. I'm proud to say that all the kids and my local magic club have magician coins from my last trade last year. In fact I ran out of kids, and peddled them off to local club members to get them back in circulation.

The offer -

The half dollar - Mexican centavos coins get into circulation because one of my fellow magicians spends it accidentally. As a whole we do have a habit of drinking long and hard at conventions. The dime shells that get into circulation almost never get found. But the halves CRHers recover.

The complete trick will have a shell US Half, a gimmicked core that fits in the shell which is US Half on one side and Centavo/Brit-Penny on the other, and a real Centavo or Brit-Penny. You guys will only find the shell&core. Only rarely, you'll find the real Centavo and Brit Penny. Essentially, 1/3 of the trick is missing.

Once it gets into circulation, some shell distortion occurs which degrades it from being top performance usable. But still OK for practice.

So I'll offer a single 40% for a complete half/centavos-brit_penny pair. I'd prefer to get several from 1 person to minimize our shipping. Just PM me.

Caveats:
1. The half dollar shell should not be bent on any rim. Meaning it is still functioning
2. The Centavos also needs to be in good shape to slide into the shell
3. The Shell/Centavos fit must not be so blown that the centavos falls back out of the shell when it is upside down.
4. I need both pieces, the shell (US half that is hollow) and the core (half on one side, centavo (or Brit Penny) on the other)
5. If you have the real Centavos, please include them. I'd also like the real Brit Penny if you found it, but that's asking too much.

You should be able to separate the two with a 'bang ring' which none of you should own. Otherwise, put the coin in a soft plastic (not glass) cup and shake it side to side hard and they separate. If you ever use a knife blade to separate, you've likely ruined it. When shipping or storing, store them together. If it is hollow and you can tell, no need to open it. I got dozens that way last trade, keep them closed and it cuts down on the copper oxidation.

OK, I forget that this comes in 3 flavors. There is also a English Penny/Half magic coin as well. The Centavos/Half is more common in the South because of our proximity to Mexico, but the yankee magicians perfer the Brit Penny variant. There is also a Odd variant with a Chinese coin, but not seen often. I'll post a pic on the centavo/half. Again, in the picture the backside of the centavo will have a US half on it. (technically 1/2 of a half)

There is occasionally a Hollow quarter/dime variant as well.

And I can use the double heads/tails variant as well. One fellow sent me a few, and that was fun putting those back into the club.

Just PM if you would like a trade. Those who traded with me last time get first dibs on me. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
I was in on the last trade and will be sending another batch. Good to see them things being put back to use. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom