What's new

Trade token in bag of nickels

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a good set of bags recently, but this nice trade token beats the normal fare. So far, I have found out it is from Oregon... I'll update if I can put a date on it

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5425.webp
    IMG_5425.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5426.webp
    IMG_5426.webp
    39 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
That is cool, and it is in great shape too. All I get are casino tokens and golf ball markers. WTG.
 
humm shots of wiskey were often 2 for a quarter in the old days -- so you ordered a shot paid your 2 bits (25 cents) and got a 12 1/2 cent token in change --to encourge you to get another shot or come back later on to cash in by buying a drink there with it -- since basically it was useless eslewhere.)

heard of the--- token ----- criterion saloon - ed. reilly prop - 10 cent in trade --criterion , or.
 
Beats a nickel any day! Congrats on someones mess up.
 
That really is a cool find. Congrats!
 
Great find. Seems nickels are a good denomination to find trade tokens...I have found a few over the years but yours is fantastic.
 
i know this post is alittle old but i'm behind in my reading.
anyway ....you should post this in the tokens forum. its not a real busy forum but there are a few who check in and know thier stuff. someone there may be able to tell you more about your token. pretty cool one by the way. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom