What's new

Trade weight

Alan Payne

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2018
Messages
165
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Location
Interlachen, Fl
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350 Garrett ; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I?m looking for help identifying the makers mark on this trade weight I found a few days ago. I found an Iron boading ball and a Chinese Cash coin that dates between 1753 and 1783. FC311486-E817-479B-B537-4D26C413737D.webp295E2EE3-F4FA-4DDE-9F9E-D6744895FB6B.webp8671498D-B99B-4838-AE99-29B2B5B40070.webp
 
Difficult to say exactly what the touchmark is Alan, to me it looks like a castle with three towers. :icon_scratch:
Hopefully, either Cru or Red-Coat might be able to offer some assistance here.

Nice find,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Georgian coin weight-Portcullis type-Westminster mark?
 
Upvote 0
PepperJ, I think you are correct as indicated here. http://www.herberthistory.co.uk/use...weights_and_measures_of_the_british_isles.pdf
Page 77 shows the marks. Pre Imperial and after 1826. I believe the mark to be pre Imperial which would date the trade weight to between 1756 and 1826. Thanks for the suggestion. I can’t hardly believe I could find something that old in Florida. Other than in St. Augustine.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom