All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• beadsmore.jpg
    beadsmore.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 342

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
According to a book I have here,they are Russian blue glass beads.Traded in the mid to late 1800's,mostly in the Northwest,but also found throughout the U.S. Worth maybe $20 each and up.
I recommend this book,"Indian Trade Relics",by Lar Hothem,copyright 2003,by Collector Books.Website is www.collectorbooks.com. Great photos and info on all kinds of trade items!

Upvote 0

Scott (Upstate NY)

Mar 24, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Classic III, Surf PI, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful color! Just curious- did you find these while digging a metal target?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT WAS A FLUKE.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,93163.0.html

after we found these, we where going to stop at a beach below a indian reserve, where people go to find beads. It was a native site from the 1860 to 1960. the indians built the houses over top of the beach, very odd. Its like they where hiding something. when we got to the beach we where stoped, told we cant go on the beach , told it was trespassing, the girl on the beach said "you cant park your boat here". I was on crown waters and she was below the low tide. I told her, the reserve border is behind her. she is on crown land. we left what we thought was a friend. we lifted sail with the beads we found from a old spanish site and sailed home. got close to home droped the gear,

Attachments

• salmoncrop.jpg
    salmoncrop.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in nootka sound the indians beheaded the crew of a ship. it's the john jewit story , the ship was the boston.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread