KYBourbon
Jr. Member
- Joined
- May 24, 2009
- Messages
- 33
- Reaction score
- 15
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- White House, TN
- Detector(s) used
- MXT, F2, F75 SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello all,
Due to the current state of the economy, combined with the fact that my wife lost her 60K job 8 months ago, I am on the verge of needing to sell outright or work a trade + cash for my Etrac. To be honest, I've used it only 3-4 times since I bought it in 2010. My family really needs several hundred dollars to help make ends meet for a while longer but I also don't want to fully give up my hobby. I am wondering if it's reasonable to expect enough out of it to get $500+ a used MXT/M6/F70? Or would I be better to sell it outright and buy a good used machine? It's in mint condition with a rain cover, Andy's book, original box, phones, etc. I never really got the hang of this model anyway and still prefer the wife's machine (an aging rainbow XLT that has seen better days). I just don't know the market and with family issues going on I honestly have been out of it since last summer, so any help is appreciated.
Due to the current state of the economy, combined with the fact that my wife lost her 60K job 8 months ago, I am on the verge of needing to sell outright or work a trade + cash for my Etrac. To be honest, I've used it only 3-4 times since I bought it in 2010. My family really needs several hundred dollars to help make ends meet for a while longer but I also don't want to fully give up my hobby. I am wondering if it's reasonable to expect enough out of it to get $500+ a used MXT/M6/F70? Or would I be better to sell it outright and buy a good used machine? It's in mint condition with a rain cover, Andy's book, original box, phones, etc. I never really got the hang of this model anyway and still prefer the wife's machine (an aging rainbow XLT that has seen better days). I just don't know the market and with family issues going on I honestly have been out of it since last summer, so any help is appreciated.







