What's new

Trading in the mini for a new crew cab

civil_war22

Relic Recovery Specialist
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
3,257
Reaction score
2,815
Golden Thread
1
Location
NW Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE/LTD2, minelab Etrac, whites classic id, spectrum xlt, fisher f7, fisher 1266, king of all Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher 1280-X, minelab equinox, Fisher F75+ Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finally decided that I am getting rid of the Mini Cooper and gonna get a new silverado crew cab 4wd. That way I have a way to get to some good treasure spots and not have to worry about dragging bottom out of car;) anyone have one of the silverado crew cabs
 
I understand that you've made your decision, buttttt...

If you really want a worry free vehicle for getting off road to hard to reach spots, why not keep the MC and buy an older 4 wheel drive pickup or SUV? I have an Old Grand Cherokee for off road. I don't see too many new vehicles back in the woods. Truth is the paint jobs don't hold up so well back there. neither do things like side view mirrors. And for most off road, fire trail type situations a pickup truck is too big. Too wide and wheelbase too long. Especially a four door Pickup.

When you are driving your brand spanking new truck down a dirt road that thins up to an 8 foot wide trail with paint scratching brush on both sides, that's when you find out if your vehicle is trully worry free. Add in some 100 foot long 3 foot deep mud holes and you get the idea, that there are many different levels of worry free. And this is just driving to the destination, not looking for a challenge.

BTW, I had a Mini Cooper S. Fun car! Practical car!!! One the highest YAYA factors per dollar on the road today! Lot easier to park than our F150's!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom