What's new

Train Depot

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Dug this from an early 1800's train depot. Any idea what this would be?
TY
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0318.webp
    IMG_0318.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0319.webp
    IMG_0319.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0320.webp
    IMG_0320.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0321.webp
    IMG_0321.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 269
Looks like a lead seal. Boston & Maine Railroad? Where are you located?
 

Attachments

  • lead seals with wire.webp
    lead seals with wire.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 217
  • lead seals with wire.webp
    lead seals with wire.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0
What were these led seals used for?
 
Upvote 0
Im not sure if yours had wire in it. I used to have a wire & lead seal on my FPL meter. Maybe someone else can answer. I think they were used on boxcars.
 

Attachments

  • lead_security_seals crimper.webp
    lead_security_seals crimper.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
What were these led seals used for?

They were used kinda like a disposable lock. They would seal packages and even whole boxcar doors shut with them so that it couldn't be tampered with until it reached its destination.
 
Upvote 0
I see, interesting. Ty Chey and Big.
 
Upvote 0
Bigcy,
I am from Boston, but dug it in Wayland mass.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom