What's new

Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth (UPDATE)

Capt.E

Full Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
278
Golden Thread
1
Location
FAR NOR CAL
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites Xlt , Minelab Equinox 800 , Fisher Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.
 
Re: Minelab Safari display not working

Looks like you will wait 45 days more, got a back up? :coffee2:
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

terrydoo said:
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.
Now wait and see what the minelab does, I hope they dont make it a hassle.
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

terrydoo said:
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.

Sounds like it is a loose wire..........

Check this thread out.......

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,381647.0.html

Minelab USA has updated their toll free number to: 888-949-6522
(1-877-767-6522) This number is available for any warranty and or repair questions......

Minelab will make it right, they are trying hard to regain confidence..............
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

brand new,should work.done waited a week,shouldn't have too wait 45 more days.
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

digginer said:
brand new,should work.done waited a week,shouldn't have too wait 45 more days.

They should all work out of the box, but unfortunately that isn't always the case. You never hear about the ones that work, only the ones that don't.......If it was bought from a dealer I would call the dealer and ship it to him, most dealers give you time to exchange with them if they are bad out of the box, unless you wait too long to test, then it has to go back to manufacturer (Minelab...)
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

terrydoo said:
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.
Minelab called me and they are taking care of it, They sent me a shipping label and they are replacing the machine and they are sending me a goody bag, Whatever that is.
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

terrydoo said:
Minelab called me and they are taking care of it, They sent me a shipping label and they are replacing the machine and they are sending me a goody bag, Whatever that is.

I knew ML would take care of you. :icon_thumright: Contrary to some opinions, ML does care about their customers and are trying their best to re-estabilish their customer's confidence....:icon_thumright:

A goody bag can contain things like hats, shirts, pins, finds bags, or what ever they have on hand that day to throw in it, basically a gift bag.
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

I had mine replaced by Minelab and it did not take long at all.
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

I think if its bad right out of the box Minelab will replace it no questions asked. Good luck. I too switched from a whites to a minelab and have never looked back. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Transition from Whites to Minelab not very smooth

​
I might try a Minelab when my XLT dies, but then it's only 10 years old!
 
terrydoo said:
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.
I just got the new machine from Minelab, They were very fast at taking care of me and they sent me an awesome backpack and its not a cheap one, and a coffee mug and a first aid kit and a hat. I have to say that I am very pleased with the fast service.
 
terrydoo said:
terrydoo said:
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.
I just got the new machine from Minelab, They were very fast at taking care of me and they sent me an awesome backpack and its not a cheap one, and a coffee mug and a first aid kit and a hat. I have to say that I am very pleased with the fast service.

Sounds like you were treated well and quickly......says a LOT for Minelab. This thread will go a long way in their favor. Thanks for keeping us informed and glad they made you happy!
 
terrydoo said:
terrydoo said:
I just bought this Minelab Safari and it is brand new out of the box, First time out, the screen or display is not working but the machine is working but no display so I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it worked for a little bit and I tried the battery again but that didnt work. I had been waiting for this machine to arrive for a over a week and HMMM.
I just got the new machine from Minelab, They were very fast at taking care of me and they sent me an awesome backpack and its not a cheap one, and a coffee mug and a first aid kit and a hat. I have to say that I am very pleased with the fast service.

Glad it came, now enjoy your new detector....Good luck hunting... :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom