Trash Pit Pottery Restoration

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So about a year ago i found a small trash pit with 10 intact bottles dating from 1880s-1930s.. (there was also alot of pottery i didnt keep) And recently i saw where someone pieced back together the olive jar, so i got inspired. I remembered i had found pieces of a big dish, so over the last 2 days ive re-dug the trash pit (its in our own yard) to repiece together the pottery!

So far ive gotten:
-Most of a Tycer Pottery Company pie dish mostly put back together (probably from the 1930s)
-A white tea cup (not sure on age) havent glued it back together yet, but i know where it fits.
-Probably my most favorites, 4 pieces to a very oriental hand painted tea cup.. 2 of the pieces fit together, its got gold paint on it... Its somewhat faded in spots but probably my favorite of the dishes (sadly i dont have alot of the pieces to it... but i havent finished re-excavating so we will see)
- And finally a "Trade Mark XXX Prudentials Condensed Milk New York" bottle... missing parts of the bottom, but im still keeping it being its my first milk bottle thats (mostly) intact... Any help on age/company would be appreciated./

PICTURES TIME:
IMG_2561.JPG IMG_2560.JPG IMG_2559.JPG IMG_2557.JPG IMG_2556.JPG IMG_2555.JPG IMG_2554.JPG IMG_2553.JPG

Oh yea i also found part to a wagon axle in the hole to, not real significant but i still find it cool.

Pie plate pics:
IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2562.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very interesting! Cool finds. I like the wagon axle.

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is very cool.
Do people successfully put together broken bottles, pottery, crocks etc.??

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice that you are able to do that. I hunt a lot of fields where the pottery gets broken up and strewn around from the plows. Never seem to find enough of one item to be able to put it back together. You really are "piecing" history back together !

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Keep looking-you will find more of the pieces. Be careful-restoring pottery and glass can be addictive 8-)

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heress the pie plate, with hand for size reference.
IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2562.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread