Trashy Curb Strip Downtown

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday I found a block-long curb strip that was dirt and grass with parking meters that didn't look like it had ever been detected. My settings were M1, Park, disc on "G", Recovery 8, sens 22. The main trash items that I kept hitting were foil and square tabs that fall right in the Nickle range 23-29. In two hours I detected the first six parking meters and recovered mainly pennies, some quarters, dimes, and nickels. I was digging and recovering coins pretty consistently.
Today I found a new program that I wanted to try. Basically, M1 and M2 may overwork the processor in trashy conditions, so instead go to 20khz or 40khz in all metal. The higher freqs seem to react better to coins, even to the silver in this scenario.
So today my settings were the same except I ran in the single freq 40khz. I went back to the same curb strip and re-worked the last two meters from the day before and found quarters and dimes that I'd missed, and continued on and worked only four more meters but my silver-clad count equaled my penny count today. I couldn't go fast at all because I was finding clusters of dropped coins that I was missing the day before in M1.
My lessons learned today were high freqs aren't just for gold nuggets, and to change up your settings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread