What's new

Travel Question.

Hobojo

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
344
Reaction score
276
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who has flown with their detectors and who checks them through or carries them on?
For those who check through what do you use to keep the detectors safe?
Any ideas would be helpful.
 
well I took this as a carry on but today I would probably feel safe checking it in. They took my small screwdriver at the security gate. We went 2600 miles without any problems. :)
097.webp 098.webp Pelican 1600 Case direct from factory - foam blocks cut out to fit your equipment. Highly recommend.
 
I bring my tesoro compadre with me all the time. Also my lesche digger and pin pointer. I check it and have not had a problem. I pack it I'm my suitcase too. I pack half of my clothes then the detector then the other half of clothes to protect the machine. I also write a note that states "hobby metal detecting equipment" and lay that inside the suitcase.
 
I've done the same as DirtyNails with my Outlaw. No problems. I've also packed it in a computer backpack too as a carry on. No problems either way. Thanks Ocean7 for the idea and model number with the Pelican case.
 
That is a nice set up, but those Pelican 1600 cases are a pretty penny with the foam. They will last a lifetime though and they are practically bombproof.
 
Nice case Ocean7!! :thumbsup:
 
image.webpI picked up a slightly used Storm Case for $80 on murderslist.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom