Overkill Overkill
Jr. Member
Any tips for traveling to the beach (~1000 or so miles) inexpensively?
I just found some good round-trip air fare rates from Missouri to Tampa for about $185 (I'm headed for my old stompin' ground - Indian Rocks Beach - probably in early May for 3 or so days). When searching for accomodations, I then checked out one of those home rental sites, and the rentals seemed pricey.
I considered just driving down and sleeping in my car for a couple of days to save $. Or, I guess there's always Motel 6.
How do you all save money (vehicle, accomodations, food, etc.) when traveling across state lines to go metal detecting?
I just found some good round-trip air fare rates from Missouri to Tampa for about $185 (I'm headed for my old stompin' ground - Indian Rocks Beach - probably in early May for 3 or so days). When searching for accomodations, I then checked out one of those home rental sites, and the rentals seemed pricey.
I considered just driving down and sleeping in my car for a couple of days to save $. Or, I guess there's always Motel 6.
How do you all save money (vehicle, accomodations, food, etc.) when traveling across state lines to go metal detecting?
Upvote
0

)... like Treasure_Hunter, I've also driving the 19-23 hour drive from Springfield, MO to St Pete, FL more times than I can possibly even count over the 6 years that I lived up there for college!! After a couple years into college, this **GEM** of an airline company popped up onto the map... Allegiant Airlines (








