What's new

Traveling with a Metal Detector ?

justundermyfeet

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 2 - MINELAB EQUINOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello

Would like to know if it's ok traveling with a Metal Detector ? And how you did that ?
If you pick the detector with you on the plane or you let the machine in a suitcase ...

Just curious about that and if there is a problem with the customs ?

Thanks
 
I have flown with my detector many times. I got a golf bag hard case and I put my detector, shovels and all my digging stuff in it. I have had no issues with it though TSA cut the lock off of the bag to look at it one time. I am not sure but does the XP Deus use a lithum battery? If so, you need to check with the airlines on how to transport that.
 
Yes he got a lithium battery and it's a wireless detector.
But i plan to buy another one, maybe the Minelab equinox 600 ... but i guess it's a lithium too ... damn it !
 
Flew a few times with a Scuba tector in my suitcase. Even to a country where metal detecting was forbidden. Until now without problems.
 
And with a Minelab Equinox 600 ... that will be the same for travelling ?

Because a lot of Detector got a Lithium Battery now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom