Treasure Chest...larger than life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....Marie was at here sister's for the day which freed me up for a few hours. What to do? That thought crossed my mind and in a nano second I had the answer and in an even quicker time Otto's trunk was full of Garretts. Notice the creative way two popcycle sticks were used to shore up the broken wire on my headset. "Tim the Tool" man would have been proud of me especially with the neat Garrett coloured duct tape.
47b7d630b3127cceb99aba099c1900000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Thought I would hit a park where I could dig and swish and Oakfield Park filled that bill. When enterering the parking lot I thought I had a vision but there it was.....a pirates treasure chest larger than life and crawling with rugratius maximus. I took this as a good omen!
47b7d630b3127cceb99abaf39ce300000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
Apparently Halifax Water Commision was having their annual company picnic and the place was packed so I went to the opposite side of the park and started digging in relative peace and quiet which was occassionly interrupted by a bell tone from the old Garrett. Nothing special on land and after half the days quota was found I took to the water.
47b7d630b3127cceb99abaff9cef00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
Second target here gave me a near heart attack till I took a good look at it and observed that it was just a kids ring while the next target had heart.
47b7d630b3127cceb99abaf61dd600000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Time was running out as Marie and I had a bbq to attend so I fell short of my quota by 5 coins ending up with 45 @ $3.25, the kids ring and the heart hairpin.

Arriving home I found Marie not feeling too well so I took care of her. Getting bedded down for the evening she said that I should go to the shift bbq which I did . Ron Lefleche and his wife put on a great spread wtih some lively conversations which of course were work related.
47b7d630b3127cceb99aba0c1d2c00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

47b7d630b3127cceb99abaf59ce500000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Explained to Ron about Marie not feeling well so I did the "Gobble and Go' routine and sped home to take care of the better half.

Upvote 0
You did good today. Tell Marie we all hope she feels well soon. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

DANGLANGLEY

sorry wifes doing bad ---next time checlk out where the company BBQ was ---lost jewelry from mom and dad possible and change from kiddies is a gimme by swings and such-- Ivan

Wow, now that's a Treasure Chest. Looks like you all had a good time. Hope Marie is feeling much better by now.

I've done that trick with the Popsicle sticks. I've got a tackle box, that I carry with me with all kinds of stuff a guy might need in a crisis. I've got electrical tape, duck tape, extra coil wire, batteries, screw driver, pliers, you name it and most important some toilet paper. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

Sorry to hear the wife is down and out. I hope she gets to feeling better. Nice finds for having to go to plan B. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that customizes their detectors, anything to keep em going. Great pics!

Awesoem post as usual Leslie, congrats on all the goodies, too bad the ring wasn't real, bummer. Good luck to you out there. Hope to see some gold next time!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back