Treasure Coast Questions

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is: those lucky enough to swing a coil along the treasure coast and find a Spanish coin, what is the condition range of these 300 year old coins/cobs?
I imagine the gold ones hold up better in salty conditions than do the silver cobs?
Are the silver ones mostly found in conglomerates? Are any of the silver ones in decent condition?

Upvote 0

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great info! Many thanks!
Do you need scuba gear for all the shipwrecks or can you reach certain 1715 shipwrecks with just a snorkel?

The thing is these are now scatters. No specific locations or visible Timber’s. Sand pumping and the 2004, 2005 hurricanes moved things around. Even the Wedge Wreck at Pepper Park and it used to have a marker buoy on it. With a lot of currents wreckage occasionally pops up but who knows where it came from.

You can sign up with a salvage crew but the season is almost over ask at Mel Fischer museum. Or ask member "ivan salis" on this forum thread. He will know better than me. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/s...i-can-answer-em.html?highlight=1715+questions

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread