What's new

Treasure Discovered in Buchanan, Virginia cave in 1852?

perdidogringo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,757
Golden Thread
0
Location
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

In my research for another project, I came across the attached article about gold coins that were found in a Buchanan, Virginia cave in 1852. I googled it and couldn't find any other reference to the discovery. Has anyone every heard about this?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.09.42 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.09.42 PM.webp
    126.4 KB · Views: 253
Sounds like the cave at Natural Bridge, Va.; NICE! It IS near Buchanan.
 
I actually found an old cave on my property that seems to go back a ways, which is located between eagle rock and Buchanan. I’ve never really explored it, but it seems like a good place to hide some treasure.
 
I actually found an old cave on my property that seems to go back a ways, which is located between eagle rock and Buchanan. I’ve never really explored it, but it seems like a good place to hide some treasure.
DO IT!
 
Do you remeber where you got this clipping from? I'd love to try and look into this story more if possible.
 
They had a typo in the first "apartments". heh

Just saying. :P
 
Do you remeber where you got this clipping from? I'd love to try and look into this story more if possible.

I cut the article from the Panama Star, which was published in Panama City, Panama in the 1850s, by some gold rush 49ers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom