Treasure Expo 2007

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Rusty Sailor,
Thanks for the kind words AND the DONATION.
So far I have not received very much NEGATIVE IMPUT concerning this event but I KNOW that there are a few that are hoping I will fail. Well they are going to e surprised. THE EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE it may not be as big as I hope but things are looking better every day and if people like you are willing to donate then I have no doubt it will be maybe even bigger that I expected WHICH WILL BE GREAT.
Thanks again my friend.
Don 'PEG LEG" Webb

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Peg-Leg...

Don, thanks for the offer to store some of my stuff. Also, I will be sending you a donation as well. Would you like me to contact some of my "bottle collecting" friends to see what they could put together for a display or table? What would you need from them as far as money , set up requirements, etc. What kind of costs are we talking about for the bottle guys? I'm sure they will be asking me.

Usually, the bottle dealers pay for table space and then they sell their things. Is this one of the things you had in mind? ???

Wayne

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Morning Peg,

Will take one table, For my Titles, (New York City's Buried Past) & (Bottles Of Old New York ) Working on one more about the treasure ship in NYC, Will be out at the end of the year. May also bring a few old bottles....

keep up the good work.

Regards Simon

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Morning Simon,
That sounds GREAT to me.
YOU TABLE IS RESERVED.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Something I was thinking about.

HOW ABOUT A PICTURE OF THE BOAT SOME OF YOU ARE WOKING OFF OF. Not a scanned photo but an actual PICTURE?
The Photo must be NO smaller than an 8x10 and include photos of your crew.
SEAHUNTER has several fine examples.
These photos will be displayed in the MAIN LOBBY on a Bulltin board (both sides). This should get the interest of ANYONE who takes a look.
What do you think?
Peg Leg

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Peg Leg said:
Something I was thinking about.

HOW ABOUT A PICTURE OF THE BOAT SOME OF YOU ARE WOKING OFF OF. Not a scanned photo but an actual PICTURE?
The Photo must be NO smaller than an 8x10 and include photos of your crew.
SEAHUNTER has several fine examples.
These photos will be displayed in the MAIN LOBBY on a Bulltin board (both sides). This should get the interest of ANYONE who takes a look.
What do you think?
Peg Leg

Finally, something I can actually offer to help with! :D I can print digital stills up to 13 x 19 in and I'll be happy to donate some prints if folks want to send me files. -- Coordinate via Peg is this generates any interest. UW pics as well, although the colors will suck if the lighting wasn't adequate.

Bob.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
SEAHUNTER,
Would it be alright to copy some of the photos of the last gethering and to include your boa.
Of course I can understand if you say no CAUSE YOU MAY BE WORKING ON A BOOK.
GUYS I would really like to get some photos of ACTUAL TREASURE HUNTING IN ACTION.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Good morning everyone.
I am meeting with the Holiday Inn Management this morning and going to get down to the final agreements.
So far everthing is looking good.
Later
PEG LEG

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
PegLeg,

A good number of those photos on the RioBravo were taken by me. I would be glad to email you some originals for reproduction as long as credit is given. And I am sure the ones taken by Chagy and the others would be willing to do the same. Just let us know which ones you need.

There is supposed to be a DVD out, but our resident IT guy has gotten slack! :o :o ;D ;D

Robert

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
RGency.
I would be able to have the photos downloaded from the DVD which would be mush better that a scanned copy. YES credit will go to those that took the photos.
Thanks
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I see no reason to conduct a poll.
I for one would like to see this device in operation.
I also invite TIM WILLIAMS to come to this Treasure Hunting Expo at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach on Aug 18th and Aug 19th.
NO ONE is BARRED from this event.
But in order to disply his device he will have povide a DONATION and tell me how much space he will require.
Thanks
Peg Leg

ToyMan

Jul 25, 2005
Don,

I have an IN with the people at Ocean Server who have developed an underwater vehicle for bottom surveys.

Go to this link to see the product. http://www.iver-auv.com/#

They are interested in adding features to their device for Treasure Hunting applications, i.e., magnotometer, sub-bottom, etc.

I think they might even do a live demonstration if all the logistics can be put in place.

When you go to the site, click on the images at the bottom to see what this thing can do.

Let me know if there is any interest and I will make some phone calls.

There main internet site is http://www.ocean-server.com/

Ron

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
I got the go ahead. We will be attending. Let us know the info for reservations at the Holiday Inn when ever you're done with arrangements. Rusty used to live near Cocoa Beach so he would like to get back for a visit.

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Rustys Mate.
I am meeting with the Holiday Inn people today at 1:00 p.m.
I should have all the information by this afternoon and will post it.
Thanks
Peg Leg

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hey Peg...

As far as the closing time on the 18th, I say stay open until the latest hour that you can (10:00PM) It seems that more people will stay later on the first night, than on the second night ( Aug 19th). You want to stay open until it gets dark outside (Aug 18th) Because a lot of people will linger so they can speak with some of the presenters.

Usually, on the last day, the vendors want to break down as soon as they can after the last afternoon/evening that the show takes place (closes Aug 19th), because it gives them an early start to head home and get back to work on Monday.

Just my thoughts,

Wayne

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Wayne,
Thanks for pointing out a few things. Now my wife understands what I was trying to say. I think she only wanted to BUTT HEADS to see if I was going to change my mind.
BUT the closing time will be 10:00 p.m. ON THE 18TH.
Peg leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
As said before I met with the Sales Director for the HOLIDAY INN. He is also a collector of THINGS that have been recovered from the ocean and he is very excited about the coming event not just because it means more income for the Inn but because what the Expo will represent and that is TREASURE and TREASURE HUNTING.
There is NO problem in displaying some photos of divers recovering treasure or even the boats that are used.
The series of photos that are selected will be displayed in the Main lobby for EVERYONE to look at. I wonder how many youngsters will grow up being THers just by seeing these photos?
Peg leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions