Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Been Out three times in the past week, did fairly well. Got a Big old gold 12/11, emblem came off in the pouch but was luck to find it ... then my first clean Barber dime (1912) Saturday then Yesterday scored a small 10k Gold ring. First I thought it was a ear ring in the sifter but surprised to see it was a very small ring...Have a few more weeks to get to my goal.. a even number...

AFTER OBN0009.jpg BEFORE KIMG0013.jpg

OBN0008.jpg

Saturdays Hunt.. Barber Dime....

OBN0011 (2).jpg

Then Yesterdays Short hunt, 3 hours Gold #121 for 2015....

N0342.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome OBN,:occasion14: what is your goal...125? :dontknow: I think I dug a tenth of your total rings for 2015, but I sure did pull some sweet coins.

WTG Joe. Always look forward to the results of your hunts. Stay safe Buddy.

Dang Indian head looks better then I do. That's my birth year! :BangHead:

One heck of a season, I'd say!
(Not to say it's over yet!)
Congrats!

Congrats on your first Barber, that is awesome and love love love the gold of course!!
Take care and have a wonderful Christmas.

Nice scores on the gold and silver...love that big 10k.

That is some sweet finds! Know the coins were encrusted but sure did come out nice, good cleanup! Congrats

You just got me shaking my head Joe....... amazing year my friend, just amazing. About ready for some long johns in that dry suit arent we?

Dew

Great finds Joe.... Just ordered a wet suit so I can keep going through the winter on the Treasure Coast. I spent all day in Naples a week ago in the water for 7 hours without one. It was a bit chilly but well worth it. The suit will make it a breeze. Happy hunting and I hope you hit 125 by years end. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Merry Christmas To All

I would like to wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas. I also would like to thank each of you for posting your finds, your tips and all the good humor found on this site. Keep up all the great post! Best regards.:hello2:

OBN,

Good score on the silver and gold.

Regards + HH

Bill
Many Thanks Bill And Wishing you A safe and Happy Holiday's!

Awesome OBN,:occasion14: what is your goal...125? :dontknow: I think I dug a tenth of your total rings for 2015, but I sure did pull some sweet coins.
Thanks Loco!! Just a even number to end the year with, Which I got today..122... Be safe and dig me some more land treasures!!

Thanks Mr Casper!! Happy Holidays my friend...

WTG Joe. Always look forward to the results of your hunts. Stay safe Buddy.
Thanks Frank, Best to you and the family this holiday season..

Dang Indian head looks better then I do. That's my birth year! :BangHead:

35..Wow what a year!! Happy Holidays Sonny!!

Thanks Kevin!! Be Safe and Us some more of the California Plat!! And Happy Holidays!!

One heck of a season, I'd say!
(Not to say it's over yet!)
Congrats!
Thanks Hydro, well frozen Hydro!! Be safe and Wishing you Happy Holidays!!

Nice scores on the gold and silver...love that big 10k.

Thanks Lookindown, Be safe and Wishing You and the Family Happy Holidays!

That is some sweet finds! Know the coins were encrusted but sure did come out nice, good cleanup! Congrats
Thanks GM!! Yes, fairly Black and crusty but a little juice and baking soda does wonders... Be Safe and Happy Holidays!

You just got me shaking my head Joe....... amazing year my friend, just amazing. About ready for some long johns in that dry suit arent we?

Dew
Thanks Dew, I just wonder how much is left for me to find.. Been wearing the drysuit since the water hit below 70, just changing out to different under garments to keep warm..so far WT around 47 and air temps 43 today with some windy conditions..so far All is Good... Hope you and the wife have a very ice Christmas my friend..

Great finds Joe.... Just ordered a wet suit so I can keep going through the winter on the Treasure Coast. I spent all day in Naples a week ago in the water for 7 hours without one. It was a bit chilly but well worth it. The suit will make it a breeze. Happy hunting and I hope you hit 125 by years end. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Thanks Slider!! Yes the suit will make for some good hunting. Wishing you and the Family Happy Holidays!! Be Safe out there !!

Todays #122 and some Silvers..

OBN0343.jpgOBN0345.jpg
OBN0344.jpgOBN0342.jpg

Last edited:
You're finishing strong OBN!
Unique ring, wonder what the big stone was?

Looking cool in the pic, what's the water temp?

You're finishing strong OBN!
Unique ring, wonder what the big stone was?

Looking cool in the pic, what's the water temp?
Thanks Hydro!!
I would have no clue on what it was but a guess would be a Emerald or a synthetic ruby.. Seems most of the older rings I dig of this style have these. Not many Blue stoned rings.

Water temp is 47.5 last time I checked, I'm good on water temps to around 34, just as long as the wind chill is not bad..down to the high 20's for air temp.

I know you guys further north really get hammered!

Nice going obn things slowed way down up here

#123 Yesterdays, stone tested Diamond, small maybe 1/4 carat.

OBN0344.jpgOBN0345.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back