What's new

Treasure Hunters Trunk

treasuredog

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
417
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a flat tire the other day,at the park and I literally had to dig my spare tire out of the trunk! So when I got home,I put everything in bags. It was like a treasure hunt! I spent today going through it. I had 4 bags(old roy dog food bags) of pull tabs,batteries,dirt,iron junk,a few coins,harmonica reeds,golf balls,railroad spikes,aluminum can scrap,toy cars,bullets,canning jar lids,etc. Shovels,headphones(junk ones),car mats,tools,metal detectors,etc. When I go metal detecting,all my trash,etc,gets throne in my trunk. Thats the first time I cleaned it out in years!!! I had a ice cream bucket(One gallon)full of dirt! Anybody else have a treasure hunters mess like I did? Hopefully,I wont do that again. Ha Ha! We went shopping today and thats the first time I used my trunk to put groceries in there. Anyhow,at least I am starting the new year with a clean trunk!! Happy New Year!!!!
 
LOL! Do that all the time, back floorboard-back of Jeep-etc.. One of my hunting partners, Burdie, uses a shallow plastic tub that you get at WalMart and Lowe's to dump his pouch into and it keeps the back of his vehicle clean. :thumbsup:
 
I cleaned my trunk out on Thanksgiving day because it was full of bags and dirt and metal detecting stuff. It was time for it to be cleaned.

The ironic thing is that because I did that, I pulled the cover up that is in the bottom of the trunk and covers the spare tire and discovered about 2 to 3 inches of water in the spare tire well.

I drained it out but still have to get to the repair shop to get it fixed. I had been rear-ended in the spring of this year and the repair shop said the repairs were covered for as long as I own the car so I won't have to pay for it.
 
Sounds like a fine collection, Treasuredog!

I HAD to sort out my disaster when I had 3 MD's mixed in with tools and materials in the back of my truck.
...was afraid they might get hurt, mixed in with the rest of the load...

I need to fabricate some loops on the back of the seat so I can hang an MD there, to keep it out of the back.
Don't want to break one!

::)
 
Treasuredog, I had to laugh.
Yesterday being the end of year (and I also needed more room), I started cleaning SUV.
I got 2 bags for detectors (had to get all the pieces together and back into bags),
3 detectors, 2 pinpointers, 2 lesches, German bayonet, 3 bags of misc tools,
tire chains, axe, 2 shovels, shopping basket with misc TH tools, backpack with survivor gear,
2 sets of rain pants, rubber boots, 2 coats, 1 burner stove and 3 propane tanks,
2 long handle sand scoops, 3 pairs gloves, BBQ set with apron, 2-2way radios, HF antenna (portable),
large framing hammer, 3 sets cheap digging tools, 2-100' tape measures, 1- 16' tape,
3 ropes, 6 packs AA batteries, 1 pack 9v, maybe a dozen empty cig packs, 2 boxes cars and toys,
3 bags dug up junk, 3 shopping bags of old wrappers etc.
Now I can see the bottom but have yet to uncover the storage there. LOL
Oh, and 4 ziplock bags of treasures (?).

And 2 hats. oops, and some water bottles and a fire extinguisher. and 4 sets headphones.

I will stop there. but was more.

3 hrs. so far.

Nature abhors a vacuum. LOL

Grey
 
greydigger said:
Treasuredog, I had to laugh.
Yesterday being the end of year (and I also needed more room), I started cleaning SUV.
I got 2 bags for detectors (had to get all the pieces together and back into bags),
3 detectors, 2 pinpointers, 2 lesches, German bayonet, 3 bags of misc tools,
tire chains, axe, 2 shovels, shopping basket with misc TH tools, backpack with survivor gear,
2 sets of rain pants, rubber boots, 2 coats, 1 burner stove and 3 propane tanks,
2 long handle sand scoops, 3 pairs gloves, BBQ set with apron, 2-2way radios, HF antenna (portable),
large framing hammer, 3 sets cheap digging tools, 2-100' tape measures, 1- 16' tape,
3 ropes, 6 packs AA batteries, 1 pack 9v, maybe a dozen empty cig packs, 2 boxes cars and toys,
3 bags dug up junk, 3 shopping bags of old wrappers etc.
Now I can see the bottom but have yet to uncover the storage there. LOL
Oh, and 4 ziplock bags of treasures (?).

And 2 hats. oops, and some water bottles and a fire extinguisher. and 4 sets headphones.

I will stop there. but was more.

3 hrs. so far.

Nature abhors a vacuum. LOL

Grey


and a partridge in a pear tree ;D

i bet you guys can get 5 mpg out of your vehicles now...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom