What's new

Treasure Hunting Hat DOA - Need New One!

Arizona Bob

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
549
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
My old (favorite) Desert Storm boonie treasure hunting hat has bit-the-dust! I am in the process of looking for a replacement. I mostly hunt desert areas, so I prefer a "desert" coloring, but I would be open to other designs/styles/colors. Below is a hat I am seriously considering.

More importantly, I was wondering what type of hat you use- pictures please!
 

Attachments

  • TH hat.webp
    TH hat.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 256
Outdoor research Seattle sombrero- gander mtn had them in the past for about $40 on sale. not camo - but totally rain proof.
 

Attachments

  • ORhat.webp
    ORhat.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 331
A 1989 Henschel "Golden Eagle."
 

Attachments

  • asdsadaw.webp
    asdsadaw.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 221
  • asdsadaw.webp
    asdsadaw.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 222
I have that same Tru-Spec hat. Nice hat... but the brim is a little small for me being in the sun for too long.

I have since moved on to this to get better neck protection.

41q3kI7uWiL._SL160_.jpg
 
Do you have Army/Navy surplus stores close by? If not might want to check them out on the internet. We have some here that carry just about anything military related you could ask for.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom