vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to FORUM: COLORADO for more exposure.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Recently moved to Grand Junction, CO. Any suggestions for a good hunt? Particularly wondering if the Spanish ever made it this way and may have left any caches or vaults behind.

Cheers

Go down to the Museum of Western Colorado on 462 Ute Ave and take a look at what the WIT team has found around the mountains of Grand Junction.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go down to the Museum of Western Colorado on 462 Ute Ave and take a look at what the WIT team has found around the mountains of Grand Junction.

I've been to that museum and enjoyed their displays, definitely worth visiting for any history buffs who go to Grand Junction.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Spanish did indeed go through that area. When I visited a couple years ago, we hiked part of the old Spanish trail. Lots of cool history there. Enjoy!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are stories of a lost Spanish gold mine 2 hours to the south west of Grand Junction over in the Henry mountains near Hanksville, Utah and you'll find stories of it online. Also they were and maybe still are wanting to develop a gold and silver mine in the Henry's called Bromide mining. I was going over there when they were developing the underground work, but they gave up on that and now the plan is to develop an open pit mine. I had a friend who is now passed, that showed me a rock he said his grandmother found a river wash quartz rock about the size of an egg in Escalante canyon not far from Grand Junction and it had a very detailed mans face carved in it and I thought the image of the face was a person with Spanish features. I wish I took a picture of it.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are stories of a lost Spanish gold mine 2 hours to the south west of Grand Junction over in the Henry mountains near Hanksville, Utah and you'll find stories of it online. Also they were and maybe still are wanting to develop a gold and silver mine in the Henry's called Bromide mining. I was going over there when they were developing the underground work, but they gave up on that and now the plan is to develop an open pit mine. I had a friend who is now passed, that showed me a rock he said his grandmother found a river wash quartz rock about the size of an egg in Escalante canyon not far from Grand Junction and it had a very detailed mans face carved in it and I thought the image of the face was a person with Spanish features. I wish I took a picture of it.

In this video all the artifacts shown are fake a man in the 50's went around the Grand Junction area and down into utah hiding this stuff.No one knows why he did this but it is all fake people to this day still find this crap he hid especially in Dominguez canyon and the cactus Park area.I am not saying this is what your friend had Tamrock but this man did throw a lot of this stuff out there.

Stryfe

Aug 21, 2020
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live near Grand Junction. There are several stories in the area of lost gold between Fruita and Moab. Also, the Rifle Gap area has had some activity. There is also a mine I know of near New Castle that bears some investigation. Of course there is also the fringe stories of a saucer base up on the Grand Mesa.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd suggest avoiding the Grand Junction area at the moment. This is overlooking Grand Junction at 130,000 acres burning uncontrolled to the north.

vTg72TSl.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread