Treasure Lake, NJ

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, Hello I'm Mike and new here. Years ago I had a customer that like history as much as me, he showed me a small silver figure he carried in his pocket(I think he thought it was lucky). He said he had it looked at and it was a trade item, most likely from pirate days. He told me how his mother found it and alot of other items he kept in a box in the attic. He told me the items were found near a lake his mom played near when she was young, all he remembered is it was a lake on a beach below staten island. When I looked on the map it was Treasure lake he spoke of. I never got back to see the other items he kept in the attic and I'm not sure the guy is even still around. The lake previously known as Duck Pond had it's name changed when things were found. I will someday go back and see if the old guy is still around and maybe try to get a peek at the other items he spoke about. Has anyone detected there?? Ever found anything?? Many believe Kidds treasure could be there, then again it could be in dozens of places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread