treasure tales for kids?....

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
I am trying to get my 10 year old son interested in detecting and treasure hunting. Trying to start building that "excitement" in him that causes us all to spend every minute of our spare time researching and thinking and wondering just what we will pull out of the ground next. Know what I am talking about? He is about to get his first detector for his birthday next month and he is very excited about that. My Sovereign XS is a little to big for him, but he tries. Anyway, just wondering if you have heard of any websites geared specifically towards kids and metal detecting. Also would like to get your opinions on what would be a good detector for him, mostly for coinshooting. I am thinking the Tesoro line, although I am a diehard Minelab user. Thanks for all your help!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Tesoro is much lighter I would go with that.Want to plant a seed in your child, plant a coin for him to find: If..... the day looks like it may come up empty.

"hey.. go look around them rocks over there."

He may find something on his own in his own back yard.

I remember finding a simple quarter at the beach while this kid about 10 looked on.
he was amazed I was able to find something people walk over everyday.I gave him the the quarter and told him to save so he can buy one someday.

RD

OP
OP
willisjj

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
Thanks for your advice and information. It is appreciated!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread