Trespassing in Texas

deputy_dawg_508

Greenie
Jun 30, 2007
There are really two issues involved here:
1) Trespassing - being on the property w/o permission
2) Theft - removing property (stuff) without the effective consent of the owner

As for the knowingly issue in the matter of trespassing you either know its yours or you know its not.......Now I would suppose that you could unwittingly cross a property line but you really ought to be familiar with where you are hunting.

As for the purple paint just open your eyes its everywhere. Tractor supply even sells T-posts with purple tops on them.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I have a pond full of bass and my whole property has barbed wire fencing at a minimum around all boundaries to keep cattle in. An expanding subdivision has been bringing wave after wave of trespassers on my property. I catch people fishing once a month (who knows who I don't catch!) after they have come through my fence past the "No Trespassing" signs. I usually ask them to leave and tell them they are lucky I didn't call the law - my local sheriff says $200 fine without written permission in hand, not to mention game law violations. Once they tried to drag my jon boat away!
The sad thing about it is that I would gladly give them permission if they ask first - like I have done all my life.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
justgeese said:
Tim
Try and get you some 12ga. "Bean Bag" rounds...sting like hell and you can get some extra fishing tackle when they run off and leave it ;D
Don

LOL!

I have scared the wits out of several violators who have left nice equipment and bikes behind. I hold the merchandise and release it only if the parents come with an apology. If they are adults and flee, the stuff they leave is mine unless they come back with a cop - hasn't happened yet except once when they left a 4 wheeler.

OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Yeah it's funny how I never noticed them until I learned about them. Now I see them all the time. :)

Ima

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
TXTim said:
I have a pond full of bass and my whole property has barbed wire fencing at a minimum around all boundaries to keep cattle in. An expanding subdivision has been bringing wave after wave of trespassers on my property. I catch people fishing once a month (who knows who I don't catch!) after they have come through my fence past the "No Trespassing" signs. I usually ask them to leave and tell them they are lucky I didn't call the law - my local sheriff says $200 fine without written permission in hand, not to mention game law violations. Once they tried to drag my jon boat away!
The sad thing about it is that I would gladly give them permission if they ask first - like I have done all my life.
can i go?i'll bring the poles and beer.catch and release only i'll leave the skiff,lol

Lucky boy

Jul 21, 2007
Houston Tx.
Detector(s) used
ACE250x2/Bounty Hunter 101/RadioShack
it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission although a true MD hunter would not go were their not wanted....my opinion of the law sucks as with many other frivolous laws we have but I think it would be vandalizing to dig on someones property even if it is just an 1/2 inch or even scratch the ground with out permission and I would definitely be pissed if someone found a 1789 flowing hair on my property or any other valuables....when you buy a piece of property everything is rightfully yours, on top or below ground so I would consider it trespassing and stealing,

lucky boy

Lucky boy

Jul 21, 2007
Houston Tx.
Detector(s) used
ACE250x2/Bounty Hunter 101/RadioShack
Okay man dont shoot....is that thing loaded ;D....you are correct, I live or use to live in the country until we were annexed and the city of houston is NOT through expanding, I have watched many home/land owners sale their property for development so 4 houses can be built on a 1 acre plot or a commercial business/local pub....America is filling up quick with but houston is about to burst, I see myself up rooting and moving as well due to the magnitude of amigos and bros that are surrounding us....

America is a great place to be if you are illeagle >:(

not so lucky

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
191.133 Entry Without Consent.
No person who is not the owner, and does not have the consent of the owner, proprietor, lessee, or person in charge, may enter or attempt to enter on the enclosed land of another and intentionally injure, disfigure, remove, excavate, damage, take, dig into, or destroy any historical structure, monument, marker, medallion, or artifact, or any prehistoric or historic archeological site, American Indian or aboriginal campsite, artifact, burial, ruin, or other archeological remains located in, on, or under any private land within the State of Texas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread