Tri State Metal Detecting Club WV, VA, MD

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I have seen a lot of interest in starting a MD Club in our area and so far I havnt seen anything materialize. I think this is a great idea if we can get an organized group of people combining resources to organize hunts, promote metal detecting, bring in and help people new to MDing, and use our hobby to have a positive impact on our community. I think we could actually gain access to a lot more areas as a group than we ever could as individuals.
I propose we start the Tri State Metal Detecting Club. I say we as a group meet at least once a month for hunts, we can coordinate and plan hunts, promote our group to local land owners, and maybe even get in with some of the local archaeologists.
I have taken the liberty to create a FB page Tri State Metal Detecting Club so if you're interested in being a member Like that page. I plan on making all members Admin of that page so they can post what they like. I am open to suggestions and nothing proposed is set in stone. We can change the name or whatever else we can all agree on. I do think however that the key to this is having ACTIVE members that take this seriously and are willing to commit to some degree to the club, and have all members participate regularly and contribute in some way. What "regularly" looks like and what those contributions actually are... we can discuss and determine in the near future. If you're interested, feel free to contact me on here, on Fb via the page, or PM me and I'll give you my person FB page.
TreasureNet Admin.. I hope promoting this club or anything I listed above in no way breaks forum rules or decorum.

Thanks,
Gary

chisel

Mar 18, 2014
Boonsboro, Md
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Gary, I'm just getting into the metal detecting part of treasure finding. I have been finding things all my life. I know a lot of people in the south mountain relic club. Would be interested in being part of the club. Right now working on just finding places to go.

Thanks Bryan

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will not be easy with so few folks that are so scattered but lets give it a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread