Triangle!!! On rock carving!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a expert but to me it looks like the documentation of the birth of Christ. The larger form with the cross above it ,representing Mary, the small figure is , Joseph and smaller turtle , Christ. The swirls representing the 4 season's. The circle with the star is the star of David. Turtles mean holy , blessed, or wise.
So when you read it, it says... The holy Mother and man traveled by a 4 legged animal , half way through the 4th season to have the holy one, Christ.

Oh give me an effing break! The birth of Christ?!?! Been smoking the ceremonial peyote?

These are very clearly native glyphs. The SW United States and northern Mexico are full of them. What do they mean? It's all guess work, nobody knows. It is a very special site simply because it is ancient, but they have nothing to do with treasure. Most likely they are either religious carvings (invoking the image of an animal for protection or luck) or they are commemorating a good hunt or harvest, etc.

I have done a lot of exploring around New Mexico and been fortunate enough to see some amazing glyphs; Kokopele, snakes, swirls, deer, people with weird head pieces (gods? chiefs? shamans?)

Enjoy them for what they are, but don't waste time trying to assign some fantastic meaning. If there are a lot in the area it very well have been a village or seasonal camp. Check the high grounds for signs of stone work and pottery. Check the nearby water ways (especially the dry, seasonal creekbeds) because lots of broken pots and "trash" got tossed or washed into these. Look for depressions that seem out of place or especially round which could have been Kivas. You could find evidence of an unknown ancient city, although it will be a stone-age people so they wouldn't have coins or metal tools that you can find.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Location and Type of Petroglyph...Could Be Hohokam?

Yes, it does look like you have found a very interesting site!

Working with another Forum Member out of Sinaloa and he shows similar rocks and symbols.

This could be part of an ancient "Hohokam" Sun Observatory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohokam

The Hohokam culture dissipated around the 15th Century and although they were shown not to have gone past Sonora they were in southwestern US and Northern Mexico.

Early rock carvings shown are very ancient.

The Hohokam were very interested in Celestial Bodies as shown in this video.

With "Spring Equinox" coming March 20th it would be interesting if any of these stones lined up to the Sun.

The Hummingbird was very important to them:
Just like other birds, hummingbirds were thought to be messengers between humans and the gods. To the Hohokam Natives, hummingbirds bore their messages of praise and requests to Mother Earth for the shamans.

Hummingbirds with a map denoteded stepping back and may be a symbol in a Map sequence to step back the number of stones which follow.
The hummingbird has the ability to fly backwards, an ability that only a few birds of the world possess. In this way, the hummingbird symbolizes taking a step back to further examine a situation. Sometimes we have to take a step back in order to move forward.

Hearts in most symbolism represents where the treasure is located but in ancient cultures also mean the soul and sacrifice.

Circle with a dot does mean Gold in Spanish and Early Europe symbolism... But early native symbolism it means...Sun!

Unfortunately I do not see any other Spanish, British, French or Freemason symbolism which may refer to a Treasure Map in this area.

The treasure... I and others would be interested in, is any Hohokam artifacts...very valuable!

Keep searching.

Best of Luck

HOHOKAM AXE HEAD

http://www.terapeak.com/worth/rare-p.../231807997389/

http://lifeamongthesaguaros.blogspot...ea-part-8.html

https://sites.google.com/a/asu.edu/s...their-meanings

http://www.gjhikes.com/2014/01/shaw-...servatory.html

Arizona - Brad J. Goldberg, Inc.

WHAT DO THE SYMBOLS IN PETROGLYPHS MEAN?
There have been many scientific debates about what the symbols represent. It is believed they served various purposes: to mark a trail or boundary, to record and memorialize important events, and to depict sacred ceromonies. Below is a list of symbols used in Sonoran Desert Petroglyphs.

Bird Totems: Cranes–longevity and creation through focus; Eagles–illumination of spirit, healing, and creation; Hawks–visionary power and guardianship; Herons–self-determination and self-reliance; hummingbird–tireless joy and nectar of life; Owls–mystery, magic, wisdom; Quail–group nourishment and protection; Raven–Magic, shape-shifting, and creation; Roadrunner–mental speed and agility.

Animal Totems: Antelope–speed and adaptability of the mind; Bobcat–silence and secrets; Cougar–coming into one’s own power; Coyote–wisdom and folly, trickster; deer–gentleness and innocence; Fox–magic of camouflage, shape-shifting, and invisibility; goat/mountain sheep–surefootedness and seeking new heights; Horse–power and freedom; Lynx–secrets and vision of the hidden and unseen; Rabbit and Hare: fertility and new life.Reptiles and Insects: Frogs–transformation through water and sound; Lizards–subtlety of perception; Snakes–rebirth, resurrection, initiation, and wisdom; Turtles: motherhood, longevity, awakening to opportunities; Dragon and Damselfly–power of light; Spider–creativity and the weaving of fate.

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This are located further south of sonora, therefore proves that if indeed it was the people you mentioned they sure traveled further than known! I have since found more carvings in other large rocks near by! They are somewhat faded so i assume its age is very old!!!! They are indeed in the higher side or higher point on the land! There is
A river near by!!!!! Also
Around this rocks
I have seen lots of rocks gathered! Maybe someones tomb? Idk,,,, i will continue my search!

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also noticed how this spirals are so wellllll drawn and perfect and deep!!!! Lot nicer than others in other countries or sites!

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else any input? I will
Be at the site soon

Nano

Mar 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only input I have is goodluck and have a great time man. What a place to try. Very cool

History Hunter02

Jun 4, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's 5900/Di Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest talking to a local archaeological club or museum to get their opinion on what you should do. I wouldn't just start digging willy-nilly because that could destroy some microscopic archaeological evidence or more important small artifacts. This could lead to a full scale excavation in the vicinity of the rocks. My opinion would be to not mess around with any of it until professional advice is given to the site.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest talking to a local archaeological club or museum to get their opinion on what you should do. I wouldn't just start digging willy-nilly because that could destroy some microscopic archaeological evidence or more important small artifacts. This could lead to a full scale excavation in the vicinity of the rocks. My opinion would be to not mess around with any of it until professional advice is given to the site.

Oh please! An archys advice is always the same, dont touch anything, youre not qualified. It doesnt matter if the site is a rock carving, home site, or modern playground. There is nothing that is going to be learned from "microscopic evidence" that isn't already known.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like central Mexico. Definitely not Tarahumara or Sonoran but further south. Looks like basalt so it might be from around just south of Toluca? Sierra Nevada? Location matters because you can then figure out who the native people were who might have marked these stones.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else any input? I will
Be at the site soon
Those are great, but still very standard Native American petroglyphs. There may be some very NON-standard glyphs there as well... it would take an expert (and yes... there ARE experts, regardless of what some here are claiming) to know that. But here are two that I immediately recognized, even as a layman:

Spirals

Snakes

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one seems to care much of them
Around the area, its in Jalisco mexico! I have found more carvings within and the area is very interesting! I will update soon with
More pics soon of the findings!

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen pictures of similar finds in the south west Arizona and new Mexico. Beautiful find! I too would do a lot of looking in the area...triangle is odd for Indians...and some fo the carvings are just doodles... most do have meanings if only to the artist...others tell where main trails, trading spots, water, game, precious minerals (to Indians) etc. are.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

Many times you have Spanish or Mexican signs mixed into Indian symbols to hide what is being said. NEVER EVER MOVE OR DESTROY A ROCK WITH SYMBOLS ON IT. TREASURE IS NOT UNDERNEATH A SYMBOL.

In this picture you have a triangle, with a fishhook, and a mine or treasure location symbol. Notice the rock is a pointer rock (points in a certain direction). So what does it all mean?

Pointer rocks either point to something or away from something.

The triangle means that you have three location points. Often times they were trees, but could be boulders or something else tat is obvious. Could even be hills if obvious.

The fish hook means to come up on the left side that is why the hook is on the left side. The possible treasure location is up on the left side of this triangle.

I would first go to the rock, stand on top of it, and look in the direction the rock is pointing. See if there are three things that could make a triangle out away from you. It could be up to a league away, but doubtful. The rock you are standing on could also be the beginning of the triangle. The treasure is not under a rock, especially one with symbols on it. You will probably need a metal detector to find it.

If it is not in front of you these symbols could be reverse symbols meaning they are behind you. In other words, turn around and look the other direction.

You have a number of pointer rocks in the pictures on this page. Stand somewhere in this area and do a slow 360 degree video high and low. 'Send it to me and I might be able to discern more by looking at the geography.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

In this picture you have another possible treasure. See the swirly thing and then you have a line with a snake head pointing off to the right with an indentation in the head. The swirly thing is often a sign of a snake and where the end of the tail is, it points to the location of a treasure. Now the snake head also points to the treasure, and the hole in it indicates its in the ground. It could also be pointing to another sign in that direction, if it is, it's fairly close.

Some people say measure the distance of the snake head above the ground, multiply times 10, go in the direction in feet the snake head is pointing and that is the location of the treasure.

Try both methods, but if you notice in this picture up ahead of this stone marker you have a rock pointing in the same direction this snake head is pointing. I would say you are onto something, but I can't tell without being there.

Buenos Suerte!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are water signs, saying watch out for snakes!:skullflag:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget about treasure. First Nation people didn't need treasure except for what we all need. Food, water, shelter. The petroglyph is the treasure. Even more interesting is some figures seem to depict visitors. Unusual shaped beings. I'm not a believer one way or the other but still causing me to wonder. Those figures along with the huge earth carvings in S America that seem to be a landing area.
Messages also in places like Newspaper Rock in Utah.

Today they might be arrested for defacing rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread