What's new

Tried dimes for the first time - Good day !

Argentium

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
9,079
Reaction score
5,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had done the odd roll here and there as a kid (40 years ago !) Today I tried 4 boxes , or
$1000. worth - found forty silver rosies - 35 of which came from one box ! I'm guessing that
is unusually heavy for a single box - the other three provided the five . $200. of the dimes were
in the see thru plastic wrappers - got skunked on those - those of you who know the dime game
Is it a lot harder to get silver dimes out of the clear wrapped rolls ? thanks -- Argentium.
 
Upvote 0
That's a great haul, the average is 1-2 per box. As for the clear plastic rolled (Brinks), I avoid them like the plague. ffd
 
I don't do clear plastic rolls. I just do customer rolls. I typically get one silver per $100 but recently I'm below that.

You had a very good day.

OWS
 
My record for a $500 bag is 29, so I would say that 35 out of $250 is very, very good. I see some of the clear wrapped dimes at work once in a while and I like them. Searching those is really easy and fast. I have never had a complete box to search. Bank tellers probably like them for the same reasons I do. If you get a box of those and it isn't sealed, it would be hard to tell how many people had gone thur it.
 
Argentium said:
Had done the odd roll here and there as a kid (40 years ago !) Today I tried 4 boxes , or
$1000. worth - found forty silver rosies - 35 of which came from one box ! I'm guessing that
is unusually heavy for a single box - the other three provided the five . $200. of the dimes were
in the see thru plastic wrappers - got skunked on those - those of you who know the dime game
Is it a lot harder to get silver dimes out of the clear wrapped rolls ? thanks -- Argentium.

What you got was a dime dream box ! Congratulations on a spectacular find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
very nice and clear rolls do not produce much if any
 
I've been raiding the dimes the last week or so myself since I lost the quarter vein, probly done 20 boxes the last week and got 40 to show for it. Last night I got a MS '45D Merc, from the rim I thought sure it was a '64. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom