What's new

Tried Nickels Today

Electronova

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Picked up a box at a small mall bank today. I got 2 war nickels, and one buffalo with a worn date. I also kept anything that was before 1948, which amounted to 12. Are these the typical numbers?
 
Upvote 0
Thats better than my average. I see less than 1 war nickel per box and have yet to see a buffalo.
 
I've only done a few boxes of nickels. That sounds pretty good to me. Nice score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Electronova said:
Picked up a box at a small mall bank today. I got 2 war nickels, and one buffalo with a worn date. I also kept anything that was before 1948, which amounted to 12. Are these the typical numbers?
I've searched a few hundred $ in nickels, mostly out of boredom, found a war nickel or two, any reason you're saving pre '48? ffd
 
I grabbed them because in the red book 1948 is the year that they start giving only MS prices for nickels, everything before that they have VF prices so I figured that I'd put away a couple rolls if I could.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom