What's new

tried out the limeaway method on a crusty V nickel

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out this nickel, 1st is how it was in field, second pic is after I used salt/vinegar, it did not touch the green corrosion, third pic is after I soaked it in limeaway, that stuff just eats the corrosion! I am impressed! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • limeaway nickel.webp
    limeaway nickel.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 839
It took me awhile to find you , as I could not recall your user name , just recalled your 1916D avatar.

Your cleaning methods have come a long way since this thread.

Davers
 
In case you don't know , I just dug my first Buffalo Nickel & was wondering if using the wax on it was cool or not.
( by the way the Nickel is a 1918 With a full Date ) . Always thought my 1st one would be an Unreadable Date.
but that would have been cool too.
 
Yes i havent used lime a way in a couple years, been using sos pads on old nickels, I find it works best for me, then I apply the wax.....got updated cleaning methods that I use on my site....link in my signature
 
soaking mine in olive oil
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140428_204330.webp
    ForumRunner_20140428_204330.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 260
  • ForumRunner_20140428_204337.webp
    ForumRunner_20140428_204337.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 230
  • ForumRunner_20140428_204342.webp
    ForumRunner_20140428_204342.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 230
  • ForumRunner_20140428_204353.webp
    ForumRunner_20140428_204353.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 242
use worchester sauce it takes the plaque off doesn't damage the nickel
 
If you don't have W sauce take you nickel to Bennigan's and while you dine leave it in a butter dish
smothered with A-One, casually rubbing with your napkin, back into A-1, rub rub. Be sure you don't
leave it as a tip for your waitress.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom