What's new

Trifecta Friday- small cent!

Indiana Mark

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2016
Messages
371
Reaction score
660
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met up with a friend today to do a first hunt on a new permission. After about 30 minutes of not finding much, we take a short break to discuss the property and we both agree there HAS to be coins here somewhere.
About 10 minutes after resuming the hunt I dig an 1857 FE cent! My first ever and my new oldest coin. 5 minutes later I pull an 1864 IH from the dirt. My oldest IH.
Another 10 minutes passes when his wife calls and redirects his priorities. 'On the way back to the truck', he snags an 1893 IH.
Since this is a new permission (that he scored) with potential of some good finds, I make my way to an adjacent property we already have permission to hunt and found the 1906 IH and a 1937 wheatie. We can't get back to the new permission soon enough...

Thanks for looking and HH!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 144
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    87.4 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 32
That is a very nice flying eagle cent. a great day for sure with those finds.
 
That was a very nice day of hunting for you! You'll be remembering this for a while :) Congratulations!
 
The FE...still on my bucket list...would like to see it again after a mild bath! Great score, congrats! Ddf
 
that is one PRETTY BIRD !!----------------what, no Zincoln to complete the set??. one of the best FE's dug in a while
 
The FE...still on my bucket list...would like to see it again after a mild bath! Great score, congrats! Ddf
All four are soaking in distilled water. Almost all of the crust on the FE is gone. WITH an intact coin underneath.
 
that is one PRETTY BIRD !!----------------what, no Zincoln to complete the set??. one of the best FE's dug in a while
A large cent. Any large cent, has been on my bucket list since I started detecting. If I would have scored one today I would have intentionally sought out the pesky zincoln just to make the group more complete
 
Congratualtions on the productive coin-shooting outing! GL & HH
 
Congrats on the FE!!!! Those don't pop up everyday. Nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great FE, they usually don't come out of the ground looking that good, I love Indians! Congrats guys!
 
Congratulations on your great finds. We all dream of days like that!
 
Congrats on the great finds! Seems like there's the potential for a lot more great finds at that site- GL!

-- Jeff --
 
I wish I had those in my display case great finds thanks for sharing
 
The FE...still on my bucket list...would like to see it again after a mild bath! Great score, congrats! Ddf

Here are pics after a light cleaning and a soak in olive oil
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom