pa-dirt_nc-sand
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2016
- Messages
- 4,271
- Reaction score
- 15,142
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- South Western PA
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
My first question would be... what material is it, brass I would assume?
It might also be that handle to an old tankard.
Dave
Brass
I compared it to a PA long rifle trigger guard and it is much thicker. To create the breaks it looks like the piece took a lot of force, not just a drop. It was found in an old road bed adjacent to some out buildings and near the main house. I’m thinking this was some kind of fitting or handle on a horse drawn carriage that was used a a tie off and got twisted and ripped off. Or it was protruding slightly from the side of the carriage and was sheared off by another buggy.