What's new

Trilobite Fossil

undertaker

Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
562
Reaction score
337
Golden Thread
0
Location
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I picked up this trilobite fossil at a antique shop. It appears real to me but I didn't pay very much for it. It is quite large. I have been told that there were many different type of the trilobites. Can anyone tell me what type this is by the pictures.
 

Attachments

  • 041.webp
    041.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    362.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 037.webp
    037.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 139
From the fossil and matrix on the back..it looks real.
But no idea of which genre?
 
It seems real to me. Probably from Morocco by the looks of it. Nice save :icon_thumright:
 
are fossils faked very often? and realistically? I would have bought it in a heartbeat! Nice
 
Looks like the real thing to me, and look like it is a fine specimen. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom