Triple silver and some clad

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a section of my brain that's starting to demand that I do more research and put my coil over some older coins. But until then, here's some more modern silver, 10 wheats, and some clad.

IMG_5377.JPG IMG_5378.JPG

Upvote 9

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to find some more older spots too. However, three Mercs would make me happy!

OP
OP
Murray8144

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need to find some more older spots too. However, three Mercs would make me happy!

no doubt...any silver in the hole makes me thrilled. but i've criss-crossed most of northwest New Jersey chasing deer and ducks (back before I metal detected) and came across countless cellar holes and abandoned homesteads. now that i'm into pulling history out of the ground i'm starting to go back and re-find those sites.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honestly, I'd take the almost guaranteed modern silver hunts over the once in a while old silver or copper. Finding any silver is hard enough. Finding old silver usually doesnt happen enough to warrant all the money and time we put in

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no doubt...any silver in the hole makes me thrilled. but i've criss-crossed most of northwest New Jersey chasing deer and ducks (back before I metal detected) and came across countless cellar holes and abandoned homesteads. now that i'm into pulling history out of the ground i'm starting to go back and re-find those sites.

Well that's promising! Sounds like you already have lots of knowledge on location and navigating the area.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the Hat-Trick in silver!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a double edged sword my friend. I'm in this hobby strictly because I love colonial history and the incredible coins and relics from that time frame....but it's not easy to locate these productive old sites and obviously the number of silvers I find is way less than somebody who hunts more modern sites. I may find 8 or 10 silvers a year. But they are normally Spanish with nothing newer than civil war era. I see people finding hundreds of silvers a year and can imagine how fun that must be. I am just totally addicted to the very old stuff. I do hope you get some very early coins though. It's really cool to have a few in the collection and wonder just who lost them. But a 3 silver day like the one you just had is a hell of a lot of fun. Great hunt bud

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 3 silver day. :occasion14: I know what you mean about older coins, but 3 silvers in a hunt is just awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions