Tropical Storm ERIN

Lol jackazzs... hey are yall getting these crazy storms.. once. .. twice a day... how about the Bahamas kev?.. I couldn't dive this weekend... bad earache... and the water very choppy... l found a good find today though... ebay? Pfluger Oceanic reel. Its in good shape.. I'll post some pics asap.. pfluger ocianic reel 1916

Moan, moan moan, come on Denn you scored a great reel and your still not happy LOL. if I didn't dive every time I had an ear ache I would have to take up knitting. Real men don't give in. When there's a chance of a dive choppy water or not.....😊

I need any rain you can send, water tanks are lower than I would like, send Erin as a deep depression to dump some water and move some sand

Moan, moan moan, come on Denn you scored a great reel and your still not happy LOL. if I didn't dive every time I had an ear ache I would have to take up knitting. Real men don't give in. When there's a chance of a dive choppy water or not.....��

I need any rain you can send, water tanks are lower than I would like, send Erin as a deep depression to dump some water and move some sand

You do understand Kevin, that Tropical Storm Systems and just common thunderstorms, draw their' moisture from the waters of the ocean. That those same waters of the ocean contains a lot of pee and poop from many different sources such as Islands or even Countries which have no sewage treatment facilities as well as fishermen, divers, swimmers that hadve to go when they have to go and also from an occasional drunk that wanders to the water's edge and has to take a whizz.:censored::eek: Remember Frank Zappa's song "Don't eat the yellow snow", well don't drink the yellow water unless you have treated it and boiled it first.

Frank

ForumRunner_20130819_033934.png

Ok the truth.. wife had some benches she wanted sanded down and repainted this weekend. but also the last 3 days we have been getting these storms like above at any givin time.

What if we get no storms. Then what. We are gonna have to start shoveling sand. Hear comes the sand sweeping trucks. Cant go to work sanded in. Oh yea pirate shipwrecks are cool.

Ok the truth.. wife had some benches she wanted sanded down and repainted this weekend. but also the last 3 days we have been getting these storms like above at any givin time.

Now doesn't the truth feel liberating, good man Denn.

Cool storms by the way........when you see those the best place to be is under water ( in your hot tub)

You do understand Kevin, that Tropical Storm Systems and just common thunderstorms, draw their' moisture from the waters of the ocean. That those same waters of the ocean contains a lot of pee and poop from many different sources such as Islands or even Countries which have no sewage treatment facilities as well as fishermen, divers, swimmers that hadve to go when they have to go and also from an occasional drunk that wanders to the water's edge and has to take a whizz.:censored::eek: Remember Frank Zappa's song "Don't eat the yellow snow", well don't drink the yellow water unless you have treated it and boiled it first.

Frank

That's an easy comment to answer, in order to avoid the problems you so articulately describe above just dive deeper. The fresh water with the yellow snow in it can't get you at 200 ft. Even Frank (sic) Zappa would be struggling to get you there.

I have whizzed at a 110 feet so minimaly you have to start at 120ft for peefree water. Lol

I am thinking of getting into kayak diving and the kayak needs to stick up through the roof so good point Frank. No rubber boat on the Fiat roof then dde0a

View attachment 847686

If you are really serious about kayak diving but have transportation or storage issues, you should look into folders or inflatables. I have a 17 foot Klepper Aerius II and a 17.5 foot Folbot Super...both would fit inside your Fiat quite nicely. With the sunroof closed. The Klepper is a darned sight easier to assemble and is quite a bit better boat...and is much more expensive. But they are both great boats and will hold a tremendous amount of gear...I have the sailing rig for the Klepper and have gone on some crazy trips with it...you can even sleep in it in a pinch if you are travelling solo.

My real recommendation, though, is to check out Innova's line of inflatables. I have a Safari and a Twist. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The Safari is self bailing with a removeable skeg. It tracks unbelievably straight for a 10 foot boat. It is made of hypalon and is incredibly durable and well constructed. Deflated, it will fit into the overhead on your next flight. It weighs 24 pounds. Like I said, an incredible boat..it is even a great surf kayak.

The Twist is even lighter and packs even smaller. It weighs 16 pounds and packs down so small that sometimes I bicycle down to the boat landing with the kayak in one of my panniers. The Twist does not track as well as the Safari, though, and I don't believe the "litepack" material it is constructed from is as durable as hypalon, but for what it is...it is a great boat. Both are stable enough to be used as Yacht tenders in a pinch.

The Safari is the choice for a solo diving inflatable Yak, though. Wet reentry is a snap and there is plenty of room for gear. It is great for exploring hidden areas.

If you are really serious about kayak diving but have transportation or storage issues, you should look into folders or inflatables. I have a 17 foot Klepper Aerius II and a 17.5 foot Folbot Super...both would fit inside your Fiat quite nicely. With the sunroof closed. The Klepper is a darned sight easier to assemble and is quite a bit better boat...and is much more expensive. But they are both great boats and will hold a tremendous amount of gear...I have the sailing rig for the Klepper and have gone on some crazy trips with it...you can even sleep in it in a pinch if you are travelling solo.

My real recommendation, though, is to check out Innova's line of inflatables. I have a Safari and a Twist. I cannot recommend them highly enough. The Safari is self bailing with a removeable skeg. It tracks unbelievably straight for a 10 foot boat. It is made of hypalon and is incredibly durable and well constructed. Deflated, it will fit into the overhead on your next flight. It weighs 24 pounds. Like I said, an incredible boat..it is even a great surf kayak.

The Twist is even lighter and packs even smaller. It weighs 16 pounds and packs down so small that sometimes I bicycle down to the boat landing with the kayak in one of my panniers. The Twist does not track as well as the Safari, though, and I don't believe the "litepack" material it is constructed from is as durable as hypalon, but for what it is...it is a great boat. Both are stable enough to be used as Yacht tenders in a pinch.

The Safari is the choice for a solo diving inflatable Yak, though. Wet reentry is a snap and there is plenty of room for gear. It is great for exploring hidden areas.

Jolly man, great post, I will indeed look at these, I can also lash up a trailer easily for a solid yak behind the Fiat which is great on gas.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back