Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK I usually don't take the bait but...

Are you suggesting people/business/sites may prosper because of this? I hope so. Why not? They all provide a great benifit for little to no charge. Doc is a PAID Charter Member. With that comes some perks. He's offering up something we have never had (in my short recollection) made available to us in a FAIR drawing. I have seen Doc's sluice in action and actions/results speaks volumes. Not to mention the best odds in a contest EVER!

So my question to you is...WHAT!?

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff ...i have no probs with it whatsoever ..brilliant idea for/from Doc businesswise and for Tnet by getting members ideas/opinions/ practices ect. out to the world platform. I'm just doing the Aussie thing ....stirring the pot...lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got to make the statement...it will be interesting to see how many new members Tnet aquires and how many stay ...due to Docs competition posting...just putting it out there.

I'am confused. Do you mean compared to the T-net Charter member monthly drawings?
Doc stated that this T-net give away was for those without a Facebook account...I signed up for one why not?
I think there are two separate drawings... Gold hog times two....and the T-net drawing.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now wouldn't it be interesting when Tnet members realize it's Summer down under
and come and knock on your door to accept your offer to take them fossicking. 8-)

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No worries...just wanted to make sure. :evil6: It's easy for you...it's light all day there now!
close to it ..about 16 hrs workable light now, unfortunately im on a self imposed prospecting ban till the missus has bubs. maybe a day when she is in hosp. come late Jan early Feb, I'll be digging like a bone-hunting dog!!!!! ..barring firefighting that us

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc has done give aways here on T-net in the past. Last holiday season it was some bags of cons of which I was happy to win one of them. He has also done give aways on Prospector radio a couple of times. Doc is a good business man as well as a smart one. The give aways help promote his business as well as the places they take place at. It's a win-win for him as well as the other businesses.

BTW... the cons I won had a good amount of gold even though they hadn't been "salted" in any way and had some very interesting rough gems in them as well. I found a couple small emeralds and a nice aquamarine in them.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got to make the statement...it will be interesting to see how many new members Tnet aquires and how many stay ...due to Docs competition posting...just putting it out there.

I know you were just fun'in but it got my interest and the answer at this moment is 6... That's counting all of December's new members and out of those there was only 2 that made the "I'm in" their first and only post to date. Heck we have people classified as new members going back to 2012 that are watchers but have been here for years :evil6: I guess some of us know when to keep our mouths shut... lol... Obviously I'm not known for ever keeping quiet myself, :evil6: SO that's pretty good! We got 2 new members and got them to speak up as well, Congrats to all the new members, you've found a great home :)

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know you were just fun'in but it got my interest and the answer at this moment is 6... That's counting all of December's new members and out of those there was only 2 that made the "I'm in" their first and only post to date. Heck we have people classified as new members going back to 2012 that are watchers but have been here for years :evil6: I guess some of us know when to keep our mouths shut... lol... Obviously I'm not known for ever keeping quiet myself, :evil6: SO that's pretty good! We got 2 new members and got them to speak up as well, Congrats to all the new members, you've found a great home :)
well thats interesting..thought there would have been more...there is alot of peeps on this planet that grab what they can without sending any back, maybe there is hope for the species ...lol and i agree with you totally - this is a great forum with very helpful members[emoji4]

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't read the OP as negative to Docs... But I agree with his thought. Hasn't anyone else noticed how many new members, and never post members are suddenly in for the free stuff? If there are so many miners here, why don't they post in the prospecting forum here?

I think it's a lot of people who don't give a crap about prospecting trying to get something free to sell for $$$

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well.... What could be done to fix that?

Minimum time on the forum with a minimum number of posts?

How about a minimum number of likes for their posts?

None of these would work and the owners of the forum could be left open to legal problems. There's ALWAYS been a number of "lurkers" here that sign up and just read posts without saying anything. There are those that read the posts without signing up. (I'll bet dollars to doughnuts more than one of them are "Greenies" on a recon mission.) That they come out of the woodwork for the free stuff is something that can't be avoided. Maybe...just maybe some of those that have been hiding in the shadows will come out now and start contributing to the conversations.

EDIT: Maybe if a "greenie" wins the prize they will sell it and give the money to the cause? I'd rather see them get into mining and see the error of their ways. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be a beautiful world with those rose-colored glasses!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doc for having this giveaway for people that don't or wont get a facebook account.
why I wont join facebook, I cant just read it without joining? their doing this to all facebook sites, vendor, non-profits, personal pages...
if you scroll down any this white banner will slide up the page until it blocks the page. I'll have nothing to do with a-holes like that...
goldhog_facebook.jpg

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:evil4::evil4::evil4::evil4:I thought that Greenies were the Devil to us miners? LOL!

OP
OP
Au dave

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
greenies are the devil to all...we have trouble with them during fires!! they have a tendancy to put out our control line burns or backburns ....cant do much about it but the soon run when they see a big red 15 tonne truck coming at them...just like bloody rabbits..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread