What's new

Troy Shadow X 5 & Question

Mike(NC)

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
48
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Well, since my Whites 6000 XL Pro is shot I will be using my X5 and X2 until sometime I decide on another machine.

And I'm OK with that as both are very capable for the type diggin I do. That Shadow X2 with the 10 1/2 inch concentric coil is very nice. And the X5 speaks for itself all around.

Question is I noticed there are largd coils for the X5 offered on Ebay. I figure they are knkck offs but thats OK if the quality is there. The guy does have good feedback. Does anyone know the full story on these & if they work well? The prices are not cheap. Thanks for any information.
 
Upvote 0
If you are talking about the Cors coils, those are aftermarket, not knock-offs. Cors coils are made by NEL which is a Ukranian company. They make the same coils for a wide variety of detectors. I don't own any, but they seem to have a strong reputation.
 
If you are talking about the Cors coils, those are aftermarket, not knock-offs. Cors coils are made by NEL which is a Ukranian company. They make the same coils for a wide variety of detectors. I don't own any, but they seem to have a strong reputation.
Thanks Carl. Those are the ones I was referring to. I contacted him through Ebay and he gave me a quick response. I might try one out. Will let the forum know what happens.
 
Cors are manufactured in Germany.
 
The NEL is made in Ukraine. The two companies get mixed up alot.
 
It's my understanding that NEL created the Cors brand to get around a contract restriction. They are exactly the same coil made in the same factory in Ukraine. I've seen a photo of a Cors coil where the connector is overmolded with the NEL logo, showing that it's just a re-badged NEL.
 
It's my understanding that NEL created the Cors brand to get around a contract restriction. They are exactly the same coil made in the same factory in Ukraine. I've seen a photo of a Cors coil where the connector is overmolded with the NEL logo, showing that it's just a re-badged NEL.
I'm real tempted to buy the 11x13 for $417. I messaged him today asking if they are concentric or Double D. Anyone here know? My primary use would be for plowed fields and pastures for relic and try it at the beach as well.
 
AFAIK, everything they make is DD.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom