Trump to Declare National Emergency Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
One person aboard a single-engine ultralight plane died Thursday evening when the aircraft crashed into a vacant house in Marathon, police said.
“No one on the ground was injured,” said Adam Linahrdt, spokesman for the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. “How many people aboard the aircraft is under investigation.”
Police did not immediately release the person’s name, age or address. They are trying to notify the family first.

What a shame. I'd rather it was midget space aliens landing.

Cause if they ain't benevolent, I got my #4 shot anyways.

Here in WI they are shutting down state parks to promote social distancing. Pretty reckless move IMO. I'm not sure if people will put up with this. It's one thing to give up your own Liberty in the interest of others, I can accept that. It is quite another thing to give up other people's liberties for the so called greater good.

They could limit entry, do it on-line with a lottery system. But no, the open spaces must remain virus free. ???

I wouldn't worry about it. Most Lenders are allowing people to not make payments for an undetermined amount of months due to Covid 19 and nobody knows how long this will go on.

If that were me, I'd call your lender and ask what their policy is or what it's going to be. Some lenders are saying they will defer payments and tack them onto the end of your loan, while others are going to demand payment in full of missed payments at the end of the 3,6 or 9 month period you and they agreed to. THAT will sink a lot of people and also businesses that didn't get grants, so make sure they tell you in writing what their policy is....so if it gets tight and you can't make several payments due to this pandemic you can make the best decision.

Good Luck and Stay Safe!!

Kace

Thanks Kace,
I planned on calling later, but just got it today and wondered if it was like that for anybody else.
Idahodutch

In California, the lords are meeting to grant themselves the power to close recreational and sport fishing.
Way to dangerous.

What a shame. I'd rather it was midget space aliens landing.

Cause if they ain't benevolent, I got my #4 shot anyways.

Here in WI they are shutting down state parks to promote social distancing. Pretty reckless move IMO. I'm not sure if people will put up with this. It's one thing to give up your own Liberty in the interest of others, I can accept that. It is quite another thing to give up other people's liberties for the so called greater good.

They could limit entry, do it on-line with a lottery system. But no, the open spaces must remain virus free. ???

They closed the state parks in Indiana as well. Earlier, they were leaving them open and suggesting that outdoor activities were a good way to get exercise. They just said to continue practicing social distancing. That changed a couple of days ago. Apparently people weren't practicing social distancing and were congregating.

In Wisconsin, I heard that they closed the state parks because of littering and vandalism.

Part of the problem is that they probably don't have the staff to monitor visitors and enforce rules.

When I first heard the saying, "Can't fix stupid", I didn't like it, but over time, the saying has grown on me. Sometimes it definitely fits the situation... and I'm talking about the litterbugs and vandals, not the officials who had to make the difficult decision to close the parks.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:
Haha, all those litterbugs and vandals were probably from out of town. The walleye are running and weekends don't mean much when you are unemployed cause you can fish all week. I saw a couple trailer with Il plates at the launch last week. All our dandy governor needed to do was deny non-resident fishing licenses and limit park entry to a limited number of residents by way of appointment. Instead nobody can use them. They are treating men like childeren. Billy ran with scissors so now none of the kids can have scissors. There's gonna be rebellious backlash I suspect.

What to DO...?

Reb, Get online for Walmart, HYVee,Price Chopper or whatever major stores you have close by and place your order online. They will tell you what day and time to pick it up. They will have you park curbside and bring everything to your vehicle. Clean everything before bringing it it in your home with Clorox Wipes or something similar. If you don't have those, look on U-Tube for how to make it at home.

I order from two different places, so if one doesn't have it, usually the other will. If both have it then that's great! They usually will deliver or schedule pickup 3-5 days after you place your order online, so plan for that too. That's here anyway.

Here, if you order over $30 or $50 depending on the store they will bring it to your home at no extra charge. Still wear a mask while cleaning items. If you don't have Chlorox wipes, use 151 Rum or some alcohol 70%-99% proof if you don't have rubbing alcohol mixed with aloe on paper towels in a container. Just cut them in squares. I don't think it has to be as high as 151%

This isn't directed just at you, but for you guys, it's advised now to sit while you pee, also close the lid BEFORE flushing. For women, not all women pee straight down, some pee forward so using a black light in a dark bathroom to see if that's the case if the woman is no longer there, if she is, she will know. For Everyone, when going #2, close the lid BEFORE FLUSHING. Both of these go for folks who live with others and those who live in apartments or go in public places.

For men, sitting down while going #1, studies have shown it's healthier for you. You can see this online too from reputable scientific studies.

You can look Both of these things up online and on u-tube to watch, it's called toilet plume aerosol and you can see what happens.

Stay Safe! Wear A Mask Everywear and Wipe Down Everything In Your Vehicle Between Use...Especially The Steering Wheel and Gear Shift. Wipe Your Door Handles Too. Just Carry A Wipe In A Bag.

I'll protect you guys and I'll count on you to protect me!

Kace

Broome County NY now changed our shopping times, if you were born in odd year [1959 ] you shop on odd days [1,3,5,7]. If born on even year [1960] you shop on even days [2,4,6,8]

I swear a bad arse drone just whizzed way overhead while outside with dogs...

And not some kids toy either... this thing sounded high end tech.

I am sure they are using that to keep an eye on things.

Its quiet outside... no car traffic... I have not heard it like this ever here.
Be afraid... be VERY afraid.

Pretty difficult to not mention politics when we are looking to our political leaders for guidance during this pandemic.
Noticed no Canadians have responded to this thread that is titled "Trump to declare national emergency today."

So I thought I would share what our prime minister is declaring......

Now I know you Americans have a soft spot for another Canadian named "Justin" but our P.M. can sing too!
Wishing everyone the best during these tough times.

Reb, Get online for Walmart, HYVee,Price Chopper or whatever major stores you have close by and place your order online. They will tell you what day and time to pick it up. They will have you park curbside and bring everything to your vehicle. Clean everything before bringing it it in your home with Clorox Wipes or something similar. If you don't have those, look on U-Tube for how to make it at home.

I order from two different places, so if one doesn't have it, usually the other will. If both have it then that's great! They usually will deliver or schedule pickup 3-5 days after you place your order online, so plan for that too. That's here anyway.

Here, if you order over $30 or $50 depending on the store they will bring it to your home at no extra charge. Still wear a mask while cleaning items. If you don't have Chlorox wipes, use 151 Rum or some alcohol 70%-99% proof if you don't have rubbing alcohol mixed with aloe on paper towels in a container. Just cut them in squares. I don't think it has to be as high as 151%

This isn't directed just at you, but for you guys, it's advised now to sit while you pee, also close the lid BEFORE flushing. For women, not all women pee straight down, some pee forward so using a black light in a dark bathroom to see if that's the case if the woman is no longer there, if she is, she will know. For Everyone, when going #2, close the lid BEFORE FLUSHING. Both of these go for folks who live with others and those who live in apartments or go in public places.

For men, sitting down while going #1, studies have shown it's healthier for you. You can see this online too from reputable scientific studies.

You can look Both of these things up online and on u-tube to watch, it's called toilet plume aerosol and you can see what happens.

Stay Safe! Wear A Mask Everywear and Wipe Down Everything In Your Vehicle Between Use...Especially The Steering Wheel and Gear Shift. Wipe Your Door Handles Too. Just Carry A Wipe In A Bag.

I'll protect you guys and I'll count on you to protect me!

Kace
HA! I ALWAYS sit while I pee; that way, I don't miss & the wife is happy...

Last edited:

I'll protect you guys and I have P'll count on you to protect me!

Kace
Our local Wal-Mart is good for keeping items "in-stock"; yesterday, wife & I got toilet paper & paper towels. The one-ply toilet papers... gotta have Preparation H, too!

Yesterdays Shopping Experience : First Stop Grocery Store with Sales.
Most items on sale Sold out, But I got 90% of what I wanted.
In most cases I Got the last of what they had. They never filled there shelves
from the day before. They did have plenty of Large Eggs averaging .888888 a Dozen
in Three 18 Packs for $4.00 & Good till the end of May So I Got 6

Few Face Masks sighted, Not even all the Workers had them, The Check out Girl Didn't the Bagger Did.

they did have red lines at the registers to separate people checking out.

second stop : Butcher Shop Lot was packed, Small place People standing Outside, I went in & Took a Number & Stayed in.
they were serving #88 I Had #108 So I had to wait a Bit. Non of the workers had Masks very Few Customers Had Masks.
Price Gouging on Ground Round $4.99 a Pound, Last time it was $3.99 Used to be 3 Pound $10.
Had to Buy Chicken Thighs Were out of Leg & Thighs

Third stop most Local Grocery Store, Place had Normal Business Plenty of Parking, Shelves Loaded even Toilet Paper, & Regular fair Prices.
No masks , I Did notice a Pretty 20's or 30's Looking girl with one on. No others seemed paranoid. didn't notice line spacing at registers

Come home Packed my Fridge & The Power Got knocked off Due to High Winds & a Transformer Fire
Thought I Just lost a Whole fridge & Freezer of Groceries. So I took a Nap.
Was back on when I woke up

60's Yesterday

Today Winter Retuned

iiii.jpg

000jjj.jpg

000ooo.jpg

or is it Fall already ?

Last edited:
Yesterdays Shopping Experience : First Stop Grocery Store with Sales.
Most items on sale Sold out, But I got 90% of what I wanted.
In most cases I Got the last of what they had. They never filled there shelves
from the day before. They did have plenty of Large Eggs averaging .888888 a Dozen
in Three 18 Packs for $4.00 & Good till the end of May So I Got 6

Few Face Masks sighted, Not even all the Workers had them, The Check out Girl Didn't the Bagger Did.

they did have red lines at the registers to separate people checking out.

second stop : Butcher Shop Lot was packed, Small place People standing Outside, I went in & Took a Number & Stayed in.
they were serving #88 I Had #108 So I had to wait a Bit. Non of the workers had Masks very Few Customers Had Masks.
Price Gouging on Ground Round $4.99 a Pound, Last time it was $3.99 Used to be 3 Pound $10.
Had to Buy Chicken Thighs Were out of Leg & Thighs

Third stop most Local Grocery Store, Place had Normal Business Plenty of Parking, Shelves Loaded even Toilet Paper, & Regular fair Prices.
No masks , I Did notice a Pretty 20's or 30's Looking girl with one on. No others seemed paranoid. didn't notice line spacing at registers

Come home Packed my Fridge & The Power Got knocked off Due to High Winds & a Transformer Fire
Thought I Just lost a Whole fridge & Freezer of Groceries. So I took a Nap.
Was back on when I woke up

60's Yesterday

Today Winter Retuned

View attachment 1821215

View attachment 1821218

View attachment 1821223

or is it Fall already ?
LOL!

Last edited:
ok im not sure if im understanding this correctly
apple & google, want to use cell phone notification, by using the data
stored in a positive tested persons phone, if their cells data says it/they