What's new

Trying to save a button

grins

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2019
Messages
38
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Location
So. iL.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am thinking about injecting gemplers thru this part of the button (back), there is no wiggle-room to spread it so I thought about tilting it while applying the gemplers. Would this be futile? Your opinion is welcomed.
 

Attachments

  • 20251108_125244.webp
    20251108_125244.webp
    910.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20251108_223959.webp
    20251108_223959.webp
    297.1 KB · Views: 59
I am thinking about injecting gemplers thru this part of the button (back), there is no wiggle-room to spread it so I thought about tilting it while applying the gemplers. Would this be futile? Your opinion is welcomed.
That reverse side looks ready to crumble.
I’m not sure what I’d do. I wonder if it could be clearly preserved in lucite.
Might make a neat paperweight and retain the history.
 
How did it come out, post some new pics.
 
How did it come out, post some new pics.
Ok, 2 coats of Elmers and injected a dab of Gemplers thru the Crack on the reverse. There is a slight amount of gilding, I think. I didn't want to chance working on it any further. I liked the lucite idea too, Blackfoot58. Shout out to Buckle Boy, used his ideas too.
 

Attachments

  • 20251115_103131.webp
    20251115_103131.webp
    69 KB · Views: 46
  • 20251115_103418.webp
    20251115_103418.webp
    107.4 KB · Views: 44
I would also have used aluminum jelly but all I could find was naval jelly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom