Re: Turkey Tracks & Symbols (pics)
Hi Guys,
Ki is right.....where you find the hominy holes in groups is where they would set in groups and talk as they worked...either families or members of the same tribe. You might find the flakes of flint in the area that would be another good indicator of the proximity of the camp area. If there are Indian stair steps in the area and a natural rock bridge…well, they are key things… …you just maybe in the Swift area. As I mentioned before, keep an eye out for places where the rocks seem to have fallen all the way across the stream/creek as it may be that is a collapsed “natural rock bridge”.
Ki seems to have found a lot of items on the list…too many to be just coincidence if you ask me....and has proff (the pictures are great guys) I hope you guys are right …if so it encourages me to keep going in my area as the items I’ve found make me think I might be at the furthest set of mines.
Ki, as we talked about before, whenever you’re ready I can use my device to tell you if there is gold or silver behind the rockslides that may be covering up the entrance to the Great Cave of the Shawnee.
Another thing, I am sure you guys are keeping in mind some of the Spanish trail markers….some of the Indian mines were took over by the Spaniards for a while then the Indians recovered them. So the trail markers could still be there.…check out the one on my avatar…the carved out head looking toward the mine. I have found both Indian and Spanish sign and it’s in Elliott County.