What's new

Turning clad into gold

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
The last five rolls of my 2009 dimes will be sold on ebay in a couple of hours. That will make 45 rolls sold. Most a roll sold for was $65.00.
I split the profit with my son ScubaSteve who is running the auctions.
Like a modern day alchemist, I changed my clad into some gold with the profit.
I can't believe that I was P.O.ed when I looked through the holes in the box and saw those shiny dimes.
Been looking ever since.
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on your sales. I am always amazed at how much a person will pay for non-PM, brand new coinage. Even if the mintage numbers are low, I bet your buyers will not be able to recoup half their investment in a year. Maybe in 25 to 50 years they will worth something.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom