TV show "FOOLS GOLD" on AnimalPlanet network

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone else wasted precious time watching this drivel.

You HAVE got to be kidding me !!!
These guys are MORONS,,, in the fullest sense of the word.
Absolutely no idea of anything involved. The "owner" , Todd,,,tosses cash like mad buying all the latest n greatest tools while
having no idea how to use any of it.
I KNOW this has to be a spoof,,, no one can be like this. Even the wife was gut-laughing while watching them try to find the tailings,,,

Simply CLUELESS,,,last night I watched a couple episodes ending with the one where they had 10 locations assayed.
Assay came back at 28 OUNCES PER TON !!! and he was complaining it wasn't enough to make money on.

I would do just about ANYTHING to have an assay report like that on my land / claim.
With gold at roughly 1200. per oz. equaling 33000 per ton.
That would be a pretty good claim I think,,, If he can't make money at that net,, he needs to go back to flipping burgers.

LMAO
Hit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it while channel surfing last night,
read the description & decided against watching.
now I know I made the right choice :thumbsup:

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 females on the show are worth watching. lol... The show is a joke though. I am sure that the trammel is not going to work at all. The sample pans that were Filled with color has to be something other than gold...If they somehow make more than the Hoffmans I am going to go and get a claim lol...

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that is like what.....$45000 per yard? That is ridiculous. Only a madman would pass that up.

Most claim owners would do a dance for $45 a yard.

Most def bullcrap as this man just found the most gold rich area the world has ever known.....and he passes on it. Nuff said.

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that is like what.....$45000 per yard? That is ridiculous. Only a madman would pass that up.

Most claim owners would do a dance for $45 a yard.

Most def bullcrap as this man just found the most gold rich area the world has ever known.....and he passes on it. Nuff said.
=======================================================
For real Hunter,,

That's some RICH dirt,,crap,,
WE should head up there,,shouldn't be too hard to find,,
Even a noob like myself should be well able to outdo them,, HAHAHAHAHA

And yea,, the chics are pretty tasty looking. I wonder just what they were promised to make that move for the season? LMAO

Hit

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
I for one would love to have a claim pan out at that much, but most of those shows are put on drama for television ratings (we have a friend who is in a show on Animal Planet. He states its all about the ratings).

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd have to pay extra to get the channel. Glad I saved my money.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they have a legit business and there is a mine or something up there. Not worth really looking into. They must be Hoffman offspring or relatives

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suspect it is a sort of april fools day joke.I cant even find it listed on animal planets website.only review I found claimed it was," a docucomedy of the worst miners on earth squandering a fortune to find a fortune."

publicity stunt?

FOOLS GOLD is a hilarious, process driven docu-comedy following the WORST gold miners on Earth as they fight, cuss, shoot, drink, gamble and mine away a fortune in the frozen north...all in the pursuit of another fortune. Produced by 11 Television (Canada).

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect it is a sort of april fools day joke.I cant even find it listed on animal planets website.only review I found claimed it was," a docucomedy of the worst miners on earth squandering a fortune to find a fortune."

publicity stunt?

That would be the most likely guess. I mean come on....$45000 a yard? 1849 California and modern day Africa have nothing remotely close to that.

They basically stumble upon what would be considered the richest deposits the Earth has ever known and they say no thanks? Sounds legit.

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drama & a waste of any serious prospectors time. I watched it for 2 shows
and had enough. Their making more money from being paid by the producers
then by mining. I believe the show was put together just for laughs !

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Jeff. Saw it in the TV Listings and decided not to suckered in to another silly, made up, anything but real gold hunting adventure. Proud of myself, I watched Survivorman hunt Bigfoot instead.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Jeff. Saw it in the TV Listings and decided not to suckered in to another silly, made up, anything but real gold hunting adventure. Proud of myself, I watched Survivorman hunt Bigfoot instead.

I watched Dr. Who :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same as Jeff and Susan but I did click on the channel to see the water, then want to a news channel. Not my thing!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched it, but thought I was just stupid. Didn't get the premise. Play? Act foolish? Do everything except seek real deposits? I guess I'm just too old to understand "That sort of miner". Hoped there would be real mining with some of you really experienced guys doing it. Instead I wasted an evening...

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sorry but watching anyone hunt my kin is just as likely to be succesful..:laughing7:

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well then name of the show sounds appropriate anyway,maybe it takes a fool to watch it.:laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched 1.5 episodes. The first episode was just an attempt at clearing my confusion about the show.

Then I had to decide if this was a poorly written comedy or were they all just a waste of precious air.

.5 into the second episode I started to throw up a little in my mouth and had to change channels.

Just a waste of precious air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread