DrDetector
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,363
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Detector(s) used
- White's Spectrum XLT
Picked up three boxes today after work, then got home to a muggy, rainy evening. Did the first box pretty quickly, which had two Wars in it and a slew of other pre-60s.
After dinner I hit the 2nd box. Right away I found a war nickel. Then a little bit later out pops a really nice 1937 Buff. Then a bit later out pops a barely legible 1920 Buff (I ended up using Nic-a-date on it anyway to verify). Then, maybe 3/4 through the box I get a 1902 Liberty Nickel! I was pretty excited with that box. I had been on a V slump since 12/18/2008 so that was nice to break that. Unfortunately though I had already found a 1902 nickel in circulation but I'll still take it.
Here are the highlights:
So far I have 24 war nickels and 7 Buffs in 2010.
After dinner I hit the 2nd box. Right away I found a war nickel. Then a little bit later out pops a really nice 1937 Buff. Then a bit later out pops a barely legible 1920 Buff (I ended up using Nic-a-date on it anyway to verify). Then, maybe 3/4 through the box I get a 1902 Liberty Nickel! I was pretty excited with that box. I had been on a V slump since 12/18/2008 so that was nice to break that. Unfortunately though I had already found a 1902 nickel in circulation but I'll still take it.
Here are the highlights:
So far I have 24 war nickels and 7 Buffs in 2010.
Upvote
0







