What's new

Two boxes, one new find for me

Joanner

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Two $500 dollar bags of halves yielded:

#1 bag -- skunk

#2 bag -- 3 40% and one 1776-1976s silver (sounds like silver, weighs the same as the 40%)

The 1776-1976s is a first for me.
 
Upvote 0
They made some of the bicentennials in 40%, both mint strike and proof strike "S" coins can be 40%.

Jim
 
Thanks Jim. Should I just throw it in with the other 40% halves or is it worth any more than that?
 
Joanner said:
Thanks Jim. Should I just throw it in with the other 40% halves or is it worth any more than that?

I doubt it is worth more than the silver it contains. I would personally consider it just like the other 40%ers.

Jim
 
Because it's circulated.. it just goes in with other 40%ers. I remember at a coin show years ago.. a dealer was buying 40%ers in bulk. One of the bags he had, he had some 1976-S 40%ers mixed with normal 40%ers. I would only keep them separate if they are still in uncirculated condition. Otherwise, they are the same as the other 40%ers.
 
Sweet little score there - I have not found one of those in the wild yet but hope to someday!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom