Two day take

Adamanteus

Greenie
Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 boxes of halves searched with 16x40% and two CWR quarters for one 1964.

How do you guys log all of your information? Just a basic running tally for everything?

My girlfriend seems to think the money I am using is getting "spent" permanently. Think I am going to have to sell :cringe: a roll of 40%s so she sees a profit and knows that the money is easily attainable. Any advice on this would be helpful!!

Thanks

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't sell just to make her happy. Show her Coinflation.com
or bring her with you to get a quote from a Local Coin Store. :)
That's what I did with my dad, he thought I'd maybe get $200 for 5 rolls of silver quarters. I was offered 225$ per a roll ;)
He was shocked. :) I won the bet!
Wicka

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my girlfriend was trippin' over 10 bucks it would be time to find another one. Keep your stash.
If its the thousand, then take her to the bank with you when you dump so she will see the cash again. Sounds like your in a good area to hunt. When you look at the silver rolls in 6 months you may be amazed.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 boxes of halves searched with 16x40% and two CWR quarters for one 1964.

How do you guys log all of your information? Just a basic running tally for everything?

My girlfriend seems to think the money I am using is getting "spent" permanently. Think I am going to have to sell :cringe: a roll of 40%s so she sees a profit and knows that the money is easily attainable. Any advice on this would be helpful!!

Thanks

All my friends are the same way. Dont sell anything to prove that silver is fungible. Fungible means easily transferable/sold. Like cash, or Gasoline, alcohol, and tobacco. All Fungible. Silver gold - also Fungible. Some people just don't know it. Don't prove it to your Girlfriend, unless she is paying your bills, and you are a complete wussy.

OP
OP
A

Adamanteus

Greenie
Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I am going to go with Wickaboag's idea. I am a contractor, so I hate the idea of getting a quote that never has the potential of being enacted. But selling it is really not an option for me. Vetarun, breaking up with her is not an option either. She is the love of my life!! However, she knows from my other ventures that it can consume me pretty easily. The 2 stacks of silver I have right now after just a short period of time will turn into many stacks quickly as I am sure you know. So it's not the $20 in face value silver sitting on my desk that she is worried about. It's the hundreds of dollars of face that she knows it will turn into. Just need to ease her mind a little.

And coin I am no wussy. 8-) My income freezes with the seasons. I own a landscape company, and will be soon out of work for a couple of months. The funds get tight around Dec.-Feb. and with three kids, I know that the silver will be brought up as a way to ease Christmas woes. Just need to work it out now and be proactive to stave it off.

Fungible, have not heard that word in a long time. Thanks for bringing that one up.

Any suggestions on how to keep a good log?

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Adamanteus said:
I think I am going to go with Wickaboag's idea. I am a contractor, so I hate the idea of getting a quote that never has the potential of being enacted. But selling it is really not an option for me. Vetarun, breaking up with her is not an option either. She is the love of my life!! However, she knows from my other ventures that it can consume me pretty easily. The 2 stacks of silver I have right now after just a short period of time will turn into many stacks quickly as I am sure you know. So it's not the $20 in face value silver sitting on my desk that she is worried about. It's the hundreds of dollars of face that she knows it will turn into. Just need to ease her mind a little.

And coin I am no wussy. 8-) My income freezes with the seasons. I own a landscape company, and will be soon out of work for a couple of months. The funds get tight around Dec.-Feb. and with three kids, I know that the silver will be brought up as a way to ease Christmas woes. Just need to work it out now and be proactive to stave it off.

Fungible, have not heard that word in a long time. Thanks for bringing that one up.

Any suggestions on how to keep a good log?

I have a spreadsheet that was created in excel to track everything. I track copper silver and gold as well as my percentages of coins found and an ongoing list of missing coins I am searching for. Also it has formulas built in so all you have to do is type in the current price of each metal an it will calculate the value of your stockpile. It has a spot for Canadian coins as well.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just show her completed listings on eBay. Or sell like one coin and show her.

OP
OP
A

Adamanteus

Greenie
Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coin any chance I can get you to email me that spreadsheet?

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Adamanteus said:
Coin any chance I can get you to email me that spreadsheet?

You bet! I've been working on this thing for quite some time...it is pretty sweet! I actually found a similar version online and just tweaked it to work the way I wanted it too. It is fun to stare at! And even more fun to add your finds from the week!!!

PM me your email and I will try to remember to do it tonight! No promises though...if I forget for some reason just keep bugging me:-)

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adamaneus:

I have a simple spreadsheet for halves and I only track numbers of 90% and 40% silver halves. So far no odd coins (i.e., non-halves) have turned up and I am not searching other types of coins (I don't count going through pocket change and finding coin machine rejects). In addition to tracking how many silver keepers I find, I also keep track of what bank the coins came from, the date and the form I received the coins in (boxes, loose, MWR, CWR).

What area are you in? Your numbers from boxes arent' bad.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Adamanteus said:
Sent and thanks a million!!

You bet. Happy to help!

Since I am sending it to this guy if anyone else is interested please PM me your email...that way I can just send one email to all who are interested instead of doing it over and over again.

In return please ship me 10% of your finds moving forward:-)

HH
Coin Town

OP
OP
A

Adamanteus

Greenie
Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Central KY. Think I just got lucky on my first day with coin rolls. The teller seemed kinda pissed when he gave me a roll, I thought I was taking up his time on a busy friday afternoon until I opened the roll to find 13 silvers in it. The other 2 boxes I got from my new bank, they happen to have them in the vault and that is where the other 16 came from. I will say this. I am switching to this bank with every account that I have. They know exactly what I am doing. They are happy to accommodate me and they do it all with a smile. My business acct. will be going there next week after I get caught up with work. Their service is just over the top.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adamanteus, I have a business account at my pick-up bank, and a personal account with my dump bank. I find it better that way, because generally a bank will want you to have a business account when you start asking them to order coins for you, not just empty out their vault.

Coin, I am going to PM you my e-mail address too, as I would greatly enjoy looking over your spreadsheet. I have a basic one started on Excel, but no formula.

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait till you drop off halves and see how pissy he can really be. Lol

OP
OP
A

Adamanteus

Greenie
Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually vetarun, he was laughing when he said that the CRH that uses that bank goes to a different branch to drop them off. I tested the waters today and took the other two boxes back there this morning. He said, good morning Mr. Barker, have any luck? And then proceeded to show me how to get the machines to run faster with the pen trick I talked about in the "coin counter promotional video" thread. Time will tell though. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread