Two Dollar Day

USMCRETIRED

Jan 22, 2008
Hello:

I'm new to posting, but I read this forum almost everyday. Really enjoy viewing the posts.

I don't get out much, but I was able to go out last Monday for about 3 hours. It was a successful day, no old finds, but just getting out was great. Sorry for the picture (if it came through), best I can do with the camera I have.

First good signal was a solid 89. Felt the target with the probe, cut a quick plug and a Sacagawea Dollar coin fell into my hand shovel. I expected perhaps a 50 cent piece. I ran the coil over the hole and received another solid 89. Pulled the plug back, ran my fingers in the hole and at the bottom was another Sacagawea Dollar coin. That was pretty cool - first 2 'Dollar Coin' day.
Next signal was a solid 87 and after cutting my plug, I found three quarters in the hole. Total for 3 hours: 2 Dollar Coins, 26 quarters, 28 dimes, 6 nickels, 17 pennies, 1 Ring (mount was broken but stone was in hole), 1 Legoland pressed penny and a Game Token. Kids always like the tokens and occasional novelty penny.

Keep up the posts and good hunting.

Bob

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 752
Upvote 0
Wow, already beat me for the whole year...in one day!!!lol keep up the good work!

~Tom

Bob - Welcome to TreasureNet! Nice haul and great post... most folks are long time readers before jumping in. Nice to have ya here. Thanks for your service...

If that happened more often, I could afford to get the grill I have been saving for.

Plehbah! I thought you have wanting to trick Charon the ferryman? I can't keep up...

Welcome to Tnet Bob. Nice haul for a few hours of dirt digging. Thanks for your service to the country. I'm US Army 24 years service....... HH

Desertfox

Hi Bob and Welcome to T-Net! Looks like you had a successful hunt. That's a pretty good clad count for one day. Congrats on the dollar coins. They are always a nice surprise! Good luck and I look forward to your future posts.

HH,
Moon

Welcome to TNet and looks like you had a great day. Two Sacs would make my day. Keep digging!

Bob,

Welcome, I look forward to seeing what's next.

two in the same hole :o man that is sick, best i have done is two quarters on top of each other. welcome to the fun.

cool finds. i have been detecting about 8 or 9 years now and just got my first sac.dollar a couple weeks ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back