What's new

Two Draped Bust Half Cents, LC, Clock Key

artyfacts

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
3
Location
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a very short drive by hunt at my old field. I worked a section I had not hit and was rewarded with two half cents in one hole. I pulled the first from the pile and stood up to recheck and couldn't believe the high signal still in the dirt pile finding the twin coin. I do believe the last two numbers on one of them is 02 (1802) the only numbers that I can discern out of both coins. I wonder if they were twins. It sucks the fertilizer worked its magic destroying these early Americans. The barrel keg tap key ID by filmiracle. It is my first. And a busted up Large Cent.
 

Attachments

  • NJC (2).webp
    NJC (2).webp
    123.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Upvote 19
You have been killing it lately. Two half cents on one hunt is incredible and draped bust at that. Congrats
 
Congratulations on some amazing finds. Hope your luck continues!
 
Love those old coppers! FYI, that's a barrel / keg tap key... not a clock key.

Picture16.webp
 
Last edited:
nice hunt and finds arty ;) luv the twin little half sisters :cool: keep hitting that spot and listen for that sound ,,
hear it ,, there should be a half real near there .
half cent copper lost our SJ area is some serious excitement , every year I still search for the elusive 1796 no pole worth 5 figures !

HH

:skullflag:


dawg
 
Wow. Finding some awesome stuff. Congrats:icon_thumleft:
 
Any day you can find coins that old it's a great day.
Congrats Arty. :occasion14:
-MM-
 
Greylock
You have been killing it lately. Two half cents on one hunt is incredible and draped bust at that. Congrats

Thanks Greylock, hopefully we get in allot more hunts before the ground freezes.

Mi$terG
Congratulations on some amazing finds. Hope your luck continues!

The fields are still giving up good finds, thanks.

filmiracle Love those old coppers! FYI, that's a barrel / keg tap key... not a clock key.

Thank you, and thanks for the heads up. A barrel key it is, and my first...

CMDiamonddawg nice hunt and finds arty
wink.png
luv the twin little half sisters
cool.png
keep hitting that spot and listen for that sound ,,
hear it ,, there should be a half real near there .
half cent copper lost our SJ area is some serious excitement , every year I still search for the elusive 1796 no pole worth 5 figures !

The little field I hunted was all in the back part of 10 acres. I did not get to the front due to the high grass and that is the sweet spot where the house and barn sat. The cold air always does the trick turning the grass into dry noodles making it easier to sweep. The grass keeps the ground from freezing to, should be a good winter. Hopefully the little sisters have allot of friends...

TNGUNS
Wow. Finding some awesome stuff. Congrats
icon_thumleft.gif


Hope these hunts all turn out the same. Waiting for the jackpot...
​

​




​
 
Last edited:
Those are great finds! 2 half cents with possibly the same date! Too bad the barrel the key is to isn't around there somewhere! You're just haul'n it in before winter!
 
Cool barrel lock key!I wouldn't have known what that was.Aweome Draped Bust Half Cent twins!

:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:
 
Very nice coin finds
 
Congrats on some nice Colonial Goodies you got there. It is always nice to see them coming out of the hole :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice hunt Art! Two half cents in one hole is pretty cool. I have dug about 8 of those keg spigot caps that the key goes through, but only got my first key last month.
 

Attachments

  • All clean 1[1].webp
    All clean 1[1].webp
    123.3 KB · Views: 106
Not bad for a short hunt. And those coppers look nice compared to what we usually dig down this way.
 
artyfacts I see relic facts ,nice finds vanzutphen
 
Nice going on getting two half cents from same hole! I sort of had the same thing except they were a couple feet apart, but both were 1804's, the one was in great shape the and the other was not, go figure................. I lean towards a date of 1805 for yours. Don
 
That's a great hunt. No better feeling than pulling out an old coin and rescanning only to get another high tone in there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom