What's new

Two errors already?

Turducken

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Phoenixville, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
First time poster, long time reader here. I found some interesting coins today and I'm turning to the experts here. I'm primarily a half dollar hunter so I'm out of my element here. I picked up a box of dimes toady and I'm halfway through the box and have already found (I think) two errors. For some context I have been searching boxes of halves for a little over a year and have NEVER found an error, so warning flags went up.

First dime has what looks like "rays". The only reason I took note was because of a video I saw on YouTube about 2015 P error coins and this was mentioned. Link below. This is a 2013 however. Not sure if this is a known error for dimes.



Second dime looks like it was struck off center. Again, I haven't seen this before so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Here are the pictures and thanks in advance for your help.

Found a 1963 90% too. Tearing into the second half of the box now.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    492.3 KB · Views: 136
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    551.8 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
The second dime is either slightly off center or misaligned dies. If the reverse is normal then it is a case of misaligned dies, either way it is not off enough to have any additional value. Not sure on the first.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom